Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle swap q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by audacious, Jan 16, 2004.

1. audacious

audacious Registered Member

i have a set of gm 10 bolt 3.08's on my truck. bought a 14 ff 4.10 rearend, and want to keep my 10 bolt on the front when i change out. q is do i get a new axle to match the 4.10 (which i cant find) or just regear the 3.08 to 4.10?
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    ive heard the regear is expensive but cant be worse than the junk yards here want to offer for a new front end. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

thx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

depends on how big you want your tires to be and how hard you wheel, for 35's and under and moderate to light wheeling, maybe regear your 10 bolt, but from what i've read the 10 bolt and dana 44 front are not very far apart in strength at all, so if you plan on like 38-40 inch tires, you might want to look at a dana 60 which is usually in the 4 didget price range /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif good luck

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

8 lug dana 44 and 10 bolt 4.10 fronts are comon, shouldnt hav to give over 200 for one, tops, unless is rebuilt or something with receipts.

regear and conversion to 8 lug will cost alot more than the right axle and then you could sell the 3.08 one too

4. audacious

audacious Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif good answer i like that idea since i will be putting 35's on soon. and i really could use to 8 lug already on there to save the money thxs alot everyone