Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle Swap Wrench-a-thon

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by firefighter184, Jul 8, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Started at 9:30 this morning, finished about 30 minutes ago (9:30pm). Swapped the 14 into the rear, work included finishing grinding off the old perches and welding the DIY ones (sweet) on, welding new shock tabs and a few other minor issues. Swapped the 10bolt front for another 10bolt too. The major work was done by 4:00, but then the gang had to head out and I ended up putting the 14 diff cover back on, re-filling both diff, the t-case and cleaning up the firehouse bay when I was done. Now for the accolades:

MORE THANKS THAN I COULD EVER HAVE WORDS FOR TO INTERCEPTOR, JIMINYCRICKET, MRK5, B-TO-C, AND WRENCH-HEAD. THESE COLORADO CREW GUYS ROCK THE HOUSE. THANKS FOR THE BRAINS, TOOLS AND MANPOWER FELLAS!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I like 4.56 gears.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a productive day. I wish I had 8-9 solid hours to work on my junk. :D