Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle Truss... Blue Torch FabWorks, Inc

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by Dan@BlueTorch, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Dan@BlueTorch

Dan@BlueTorch Registered Member

Blue Torch FabWorks, Inc.

We have been around for a few years now building many innovative parts for the rock crawling industry. One of the first parts that we dropped on line about 3 years ago was our diff cover line. From there our extensive product line has grown.

A couple years ago after getting tired of building the same truss over and over while fabricating 4 link suspensions I decided to make it a production part. I figured that if it made the job easy and saved me time it would do the same for others.

We currently manufacture 14 different trusses to link your suspension front or rear. The trusses can be found here on our website:
    http://www.bluetorchfab.com/oscomm/catalog/index.php?cPath=121

Our trusses are designed to bolt into a second point to eliminate the chance of spinning the axle tubes in the diff housing. I am sure many of you have seen this happen. Beware because there are other trusses offered for less money that do not cover this issue. Most of our truss systems come with a diff cover that the main truss body bolts to. The 14 bolt is connect to the bearing support on the front of the diff for support. The ProRock truss is designed to weld to the smaller truss provided by Dynatrac.

Here are a few pics of our truss system.

14 Bolt (14 bolt trusses now come with pinion guard)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dana 60 rear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dana 44 Front

[​IMG]

Dana 60 Front

[​IMG]

We offer the front truss systems with or without a ram mount for a double ended ram. See website for more details.

The BTF truss systems some with upper link mounts included, bolts for the diff cover, and bolts for diff cover to truss, and a fill plug. All you have to do is weld them on.

The BTF truss systems have been trail tested around the world. As you know BTF is NOT just in the business of building a few brackets and tabs. We made our name fabricating world class rock crawlers along with our parts. We feel it is important to build rigs in order to come up with solid product ideas that work. Let our experience work for you.

If you are setting up a 4 link and have questions feel free to call the shop. Someone will be happy to go over setting up the suspension with you. We can also recommend different ways of gettting the job done to save you money and time.

Thank you for considering BTF product. Let us know if we can help.

Shoot me a PM for all of your 4 link needs.

-Dan

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  2. Dan@BlueTorch

Keep in mind we can help you with all of your 4 link needs. Along with the parts we can answer any question you may have on setting the thing up. Just let us know

-Dan

3. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

im actually pondering this, and trying to figure out what i would need to do lol. i dont know a lot about the set up, im old fashion leaf spring type of guy. I'm getting ready to part out a sub, so i may be calling you for some info ;)

4. Dan@BlueTorch

no problem just let me know when you are ready. Thanks Dan

5. Dan@BlueTorch

6. Dan@BlueTorch

we are adding a new rear truss to the site today. The new truss is for a Dana 60 rear and rear steer. The truss is one that we made last winter on a project out in the shop. After many people calling and wanting to buy it we decided to add it to the line up. Be sure to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks
    Dan

[​IMG]

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Have any plans to run a sale on the 14FF truss?:D

8. Dan@BlueTorch

sorry to take so long getting back to you. I don't have any plans of a sale right now on this part. However you can keep an eye on our website for some specials. I will be offering some store wide sales over the next couple months. We will post discount codes on the site. Some of the sales may only last for hours. So be sure to watch the site for any special deals being offered. :wink1:

Thanks
    Dan

9. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Will do!

One other question for ya. Will your front GM Dana 60 4-link/ram mount work if you are still running leaf springs? I will eventually do a 4-link up front but I want to do full hydro right away and thought I could go ahead and use it for my double ended ram mount?

10. Dan@BlueTorch

sorry it will not work with leaves.

We do have a ram mount that is not meant to mount links to. It should be on the site by now. If not call Matt at the shop and he will give you the details

-Dan

11. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Dan, I would ike to see this also, I might have missed it but didn't see it on your site yet.