Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle tube pulled out of housing....Cracked housing....:(

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Unless someone has a 12 bolt with 3.08's that they want to give me, Then I won't be able to make it to the Nor-Cal Big Dawgs run in Hollister on the 21st. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Noticed that the truck was behaving kinda strangley while driving home from work today. Got underneath to investigate and found that the axle tube on the drivers side rear had started to pull out of the housing. Pulled out so much that it put enough stress on the housing to crack it. Entire assembly looks like it's smilin at ya when ya look at it from the back. So it's back to drivin the boring as '97 F-150. 2 wheel drive. Ugh. Till I can aquire a new 12 bolt. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif And thats gonna be awhile. Money sucks.

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

tough break(no pun intended) If you lived closer I would give a 10 bolt

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I did the same thing to mine...I now have a 14Bolt FF and D44 w/ 4.56's...if you can get a 12B cheep go for it. There might be some NorCal Big Dawgs w/ a "spair" 12B (I had one till this weekend when a SoCal Big Dawg got it because he broke his pulling me out).

4. Zeus33rd

Ugh. This sucks ass.

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that bro, I did the exact same thing 2 rearends ago. Only my diff scraped the ground with 35''s. I put an over the top truss on it and it held the tubes where they should be. that held me over for a couple days until I located a new rear end.

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

that does suck, i would upgrade to a 14ff so you dont have this problem again. Don't know about your area, but they are cheap around here.

7. Zeus33rd

14 b ff would be very nice, but tht would require a re-gear and 8 lug conversion of the D44 and new 8 lug wheels. Don't got the duckets right now. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

yeah, I know this very well...thats what im doing to my truck right now, almost done but it has turned into almost a $1000 project to do both ends, and also do new brakes, bearings, seals, etc and then new rims.

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I got a Empty 12 bolt housing I need GONE. Nothing in it but what it's missing your axle will have. Problem is I'm in GA and the shipping would kill you.

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author