Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle width

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 16, 2000.

are the 4x4 chevy trucks the same as the blazers in that the rear is 3in. shorter that front?
    also can you safely use spacers with 38" tires...thanx in advance...and keep Blazin!

Jay Richey, K5s kick A@#!!!

1. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    The size of the tires on the spacers shouldn't make a difference, the problem usually comes into play when using offset wheels & large spacers. All of the rearends I can think of (4x4's) are offset. The offset will differ with differn't years, models & chassis. I currently have a 93 3/4ton rearend and its wider than the stock 10blt. I haven't came to the conclusion exactly how much wider, but its aprox 1 1/2" wider than the stock 10blt.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

2. Marlboro

Marlboro Registered Member

Well,
    If you have a 10-bolt I wouldn't run 38's anyway without axles mods etc...If you have a 12 or 14, definately. I have a freind running the spacers with 35's doing some severe driving, and a year later no signs of excessive wear on the out bearings or seals...Go for it...

Mike