Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle width

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 724fishin, Jul 17, 2002.

1. 724fishin

724fishin Registered Member

I have a 72 Jimmy with the stock axle's, dana 44 in front and a 12 bolt rear. What is the width difference between the axles? I thought it was supposed to be 3 in. but when I measure I come up with 4 in.. I am thinking of getting spacers for the rear axle tires.

2. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I haven't measured my axle lengths but your probably right. Just remember with spacers that puts more presure on your axles. You could also just get wheels with less backspaceing.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i think it is 4 inches.gm thought at the time it would ne better handling to have smaller track width in the rear.i know it helps with doing donuts /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. BAD4WD

BAD4WD Registered Member

Pre '72 12 bolts are 62", after '72 they went 64" & the frts.(D-44) are, I think 67". Laters.............

5. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

It's 4 in. on my 72. I added spacers, but the truck isn't on the road yet. Check out my album.