Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle width

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JORGE, Apr 27, 2003.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Why the front axle has more width than the rear?
    Maybe it is a fool question,but i,m asking it myself time ago... /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
    Thanks!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Do a search on here, its been covered a few times. NOt trying to be a jerk or anything, just figure it will save 15 duplicate posts and speculation /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Hi Dyeager,
    Don,t worry you don,t seem like any a jerk.Of course i,ve done a search before to post this question,and yes it has been covered few times.
    There is lot of posts talking about the rear axle wich is 3" narrower than the front,about the Spacers wich exist in the aftermarket,the trouble with these spacers and the bearings on the 10 bolts etc etc.
    But i haven,t found a answer to my question:
    WHY did made the GM guys the rear axle narrower than the front axle?It should to be more longer than the front not more narrower,it looks rare on this way...
    Thanks for all the answers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.