Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle wrap cure???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990K5, Jan 21, 2001.

1. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

does anybody have or know of any good ways to cure axle wrap w/out limiting articulation? don't care if its homemade or store bought. was thinking of a bar that could twist and be attached to the houseing and the frame w/bushings to keep the pinion in one place. any ideas???

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if you find anything out please let me know as i would like to do this also

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Get rid of the blocks if you got them. They put extra leverage on the springs. If you still have a problem once you get rid of the blocks then a torq arm with a shackle at the end would be the best way to go without limiting flex.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Most axle wrap is due to the blocks in the rear as Grim-Reaper said. You can eather remove the blocks and use a spring lift or you can due a Shackle flip and keep the stock springs in the rear. There are companies that makes traction bars but they normally limit the arc of the springs.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"