Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle Wrap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudandproud, Oct 3, 2000.

1. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

How do you prevent axle wrap?? The guy at the shop said I need to get traction bars or something. My truck is lifted with blocks, is that bad? Would getting new leaf springs be better, and prevent axle wrap??? Thanks

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Get some Trac bars. Rancho makes them. Also there are some in JC Whitiney for $70. Track bars also help a lot in giving more traction to the rear end. Good for hill climbing.

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the blocks make it worse. You'd have less axlewrap (or so I've herad) with just stiffer lift springs.
    You can get trac bars (I've seen some that mount to the axle with ubolts and then just bolt to the frame, so no welding) but they will limit rear axle articulation. No biggie is you are a mudder (like me) and not a rock crawler, but I wouldn't do it to my mud/trail rig because I still flex out when I climb over big stuff.
    If live where there are lots of rocks, you definitely would not want to do it.
    -- Mike

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Look at ORD's shackle flip. It cures it by alowing you to lift 2.5" or 4" and still use your stock springs. www.offroaddesign.com Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's [​IMG]