Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axles and lockers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BPCRJ, Nov 22, 2000.

1. BPCRJ

BPCRJ Registered Member

what are the ultimate axles for a blazer with alot of hp. and 44in tires and also i plan to purchase some type of locker for better traction for front and rear end, what the best kind for a blazer used 99% off road only

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Rear 14 bolt, front Dana 60. Can be found on any 1977-1987 one ton 4x4 GM truck. Also, get Detroit Lockers front and rear. Avoid the temptation of the "flavor of the month" lockers, i.e. the Air Locker, which are prone to failure over time, and have delicate air lines hanging around that can be snagged. Better to install a Detroit and forget it...just make sure its got oil, that is all the maintenance it ever needs.

ken

3. FLWIV440

FLWIV440 Registered Member

I just installed powertrax no slip system in my 12 bolt, very impressed,no popping,no noise,no clutches to screw with.Detroit's are good,but am very impressed with these. Drive my K5 70% off road.

4. BPCRJ

BPCRJ Registered Member

where can i find a web site that explains the differences of all the different type of axles?

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

6. BPCRJ

BPCRJ Registered Member

what about a dana 70 with detroit locker in the back and a dana 60 with arb air in the front

7. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I was planning on a ARB in front, because I heard the turning radius is tighter with an unlocked front end. ARB allows you to unlock, Detroits are always locked. So, with that said, please give me more opinions on this subject. I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!

blazen91
    Protect the land FOR the people
    <font color=red>Not FROM the people</font color=red>