Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axles woes once again.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tony Alecci, May 9, 2005.

1. Tony Alecci

Tony Alecci Registered Member

Hey guys,

So after much effort and wasted time I have decided not to swap in the brand new disk brake equipped 14 bolt FF sitting in my garage. What that leaves me with is a busted 10 bolt to fix. I have already ordered a new R&P to replace the busted one my exploded spider gears took out. So get to the point right? Well, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they switch from 28 spline to 30 spline somewhere in 88? Is there any other way to find out what I am equipped with other than getting under there and counting the splines, which I would like to avoid? Thanks again for your help guys. Oh ya, My 14 bolt will be up for sale in the for sale forum tonight as well as the Jimmy it’s self.

Tony

2. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

88 to 91 k5's came with the 30 spline shafts.

3. stevewix

stevewix Registered Member

well, if i'm not mistaken the axleshafts have to come out for a new R&P install, so why not eyeball the axleshafts then?

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

You let one busted part, make ya throw in the towel on blazers????
    Damn, is I did that I would've never got started, mine started off as a broke down old blazer!