Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axles

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 13, 2001.

I think that I want to put a heavier axle set up under my Jimmy. What I am trying to avoid is the 8 lug set up because I don't want to change my wheels and tires from the 6 lug bolt patern. I am open to sugestions.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well if all you want is a heavier rear, you can get a dana 60 or 70 or gm 14 bolt fullfloater, and have new axle shafts made that are 6lug, it also all depends on what you are going to do with the blazer, i have a front 8lug 10 bolt i am going to put on along with a rear 14 bolt ff, the blazer is just a daily driver and will run 38s-40s probably, hope this helps.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Look for a 14SF, which is available in 6 lugs. These are on the 88 and newer trucks. You would have to relocate the spring perches.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Your only options with staying 6 lug are:
    Front: chromo axles, better brake pads, upgraded differential. Keep the wheels and tires as light as possible, and that's about it.

Rear:
    you could use a custom D60 semi floater or a 14 bolt semi floater out of a 6 lug IFS truck. Or you could go to a full floater kit on the 10 bolt or a 12 bolt. That would get you some torque strength and better wheel bearings on the rear end. Those are pretty much your options for staying 6 lug.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD