Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AXLES!!!!?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Apr 30, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I can't find much literature on swaps that i am looking at. I want to put dana 60's front and rear, but i don't know if any of them just bolt in. I know the 14 bolt does in the rear but i think i will lose to much ground cleareance. When used offroad, it will be 99% mud. I am thinking i would have to move spring perches and such, but what about u joints???? How about steering in the front??? I am ready to do this and it is holding me up at the moment so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey, I just did the swap in my 89. I did a 60 front and a 14 bolt rear, both with 5.13's and detroits. I did a whole bunch of research and i found that the clearence that i lost was gained in the strength department. The 14 bolt has a bigger axle shafts and a bigger ring gear. I am running 38 inch swampers, so clearence is such a big issue. Plus the 14 bolt bolts up to my rig relativley easily. thats my 2 cents. NASHU

89K5 payed 3k for the rig, spent almost 7k in the last 6 months on upgrades!!!!