Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

What is a good axle to upgrade to and how much would say a 14 bolt or dana 60 run for? If i went to junkyards under wich trucks /cars can i find these under? Thanks!

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Fill out your profile... location has a big difference in how much you can expect to pay and how hard it is to find them. Where I am... I expect to pay dearly for them and and expect to not find them that easy.....

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ditto to what Steph said about the profile.

Cost of a D60 will be dependent on where you are..........and what you find it in, and where. If you can find an old K30 that is rusted to heck, and can buy the whole truck for $1000-1500, BUY it. If you go to the extreme and buy a D60 from Dynatrac or Boyce, prices are in the mortgage range........well, not that high, but something like $3K-4K........

You can find the D60 and 14FF combo (assuming you want a matched gear ratio set) in any K30 pickup from '77-86? or thereabouts. Don't remember the exact years, but that's close enough. Boneyard 14BFF's range from $100 and up........or you can buy one of Wes' (thatk30guy) completely rebuilt and awesome 14B's for apx $1K with a Detroit in it.........or Brians60's has some brand new 14B's in the crate for apx $700..........so lots of options. Getting the D60 will be the challenge........seems there aren't that many out there, but I keep seeing them pop up on the For Sale board, but seems no one jumps on them. Check out that board, think there's one in NY right now (a one ton pickup) that is selling for around $750..........anyway, good luck.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>