Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axles

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by randyz, Sep 20, 2002.

1. randyz

randyz Newbie

My kid had a '63 Jeep p/u follow him home. Looks like hell but the seller provided us with receipts for $15,000 in parts and modifications including a Chevy Motorsports ZZ3 350 crate motor with trick flow heads, a rebuilt TH700R, the attendant transfer case and two rebuilt axles. Essentially top of the line running gear that his wife required he sell.

Anyway, we have found a first gen Blazer we intend to swap the gear into. The former owner of the Jeep says that the axles were "GM corporate" axles. The front was a "open knuckle" with disk brakes. They look like Dana's to me.

I imagine we will have to have springs made to hang these axles on the Blazer but I will need to know how to identify them so that I can describe them. Any ideas?

2. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> </font color> You can click on technical at the top of the screen and go to the bottom and click on axle identification

3. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

can you post some pics?

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

if its 6 lug its either 12 bolt corp and dana 44 or 10 bolts front and reaR.check the technical page for axle identifier pics