Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ayone have pics of shortened Subs.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BXwildshot, Jan 21, 2004.

1. BXwildshot

BXwildshot Registered Member

I was considering doing something different with my Sub and chopping like ten inches off the back sounds like a good place to start. Anybody seen this or have pics of it?

Thanks
    Eric L.

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Thats a sweet sub!

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Nice photochop /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice photochop /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA.......Yep

6. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Photo chop or not, thats still pretty sweet looking! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I saw a F350 that had a Bronco cap looking deal grafted to the back of it. It looked shortened too. Almost like a precurser to the Expidition. I've got a couple pics I can post if anyone is interested. I know..all this ford talk. Sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kris

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't that be sweet though? Where to put the fuel tank(s)? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

what if you hacked off the rear end behind the rear doors all together and put a k5 rear end on it.it would be a lot of work but it woul prolly work and the lines would almost match up perfectly.

9. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Well maybe, but MANY things first /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

You guys can flame for this, but here is the furd I was talking about earlier. PICS

Kris

11. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You guys can flame for this, but here is the furd I was talking about earlier. PICS Kris

[/ QUOTE ]

That appears to be a Centurion conversion. They graft a crewcab and a Bronco together to make a Suburban wannabe. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm......that does look pretty intriguing! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I don't have pics but ideas the largest obsticle is the window's. If you alter the frame the whole window glass has to be custom made ($$$). The tank could be had out of a blazer. As was mentioned above it may be easier to graft the last part of a K5 half cab, and upper bedsides, behind the rear burb doors. Then you could use a K5 top soft or hard. It would be a lot of work. Either way it would be rather cool though.

14. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

If a soft top was used, they are available in custom lengths to account for bobbed beds, etc, and would solve the window problem...

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That appears to be a Centurion conversion. They graft a crewcab and a Bronco together to make a Suburban wannabe. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, its just a stretched Bronco. the factory wasnt too far from here. i dont know if they're still in business or not.

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

There were some pictures floating around of a Green bobbed burb. I don't recall if it was here Pirate or White Knights site. I know WK was at the same even the pics were taken. See if you can find a post from here and she will have a link in her Sig. I think the shots were at e Pirate.

17. Grim-Reaper

Ohhh yeah I am seriously concidering making a 1987 Avalanch. I have the trucks picked out I need even. Just trying to talk myself into another major project. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. one ton burb

one ton burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ohhh yeah I am seriously concidering making a 1987 Avalanch. I have the trucks picked out I need even. Just trying to talk myself into another major project. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I have been thinking about doing this all so. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Grim-Reaper

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I have been thinking about doing this all so. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you thinking about doing the back wall and getting the roof to look right?
    I'm going to use last 4 -6 inches of a standard cab and then that will get me a slider and wall. I have a couple doaners for the bed rails to make it look right. The burb I go my eye on is a barn door . I hope to be able to cut it off high enough to keep the top hinge and then make it a barn door set up. If not I'll find a truck tail gate and sell the doors. Only thing that concerns me is howto get the stepped up roof to look right where it meets the regular cab roof.

The final touch will be a fiberlass deal you see on trucks...I think it's lund but that will give it that angled back like a avalanch. The a gallon of flat black primer on the whole thing LOL