Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ: '74 K5, full 'vert, big block. Will trade for Wrangler

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by dbozman, Mar 31, 2007.

1. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

1974 Chevy K5 Blazer. This is a factory full convertible truck and one that is increasingly difficult to find these days. Professionally swapped in 454 big block motor (low miles on motor, have receipt). Motor is pretty stock, HEI with fresh rebuild, new plugs, new Moroso wires, Edelbrock carb and intake. New radiator. Fresh oil. Headers with fresh dual exhaust, custom routed, Flowmaster Super 40s and turndowns. Not too loud, but sounds nice.

Tranny is a TH350. Swapped in NP205 transfer case with front manual hubs. Fresh CV driveshafts front and rear. Front axle is a Dana 44, rear is a Corp 12 bolt, 3.73 gears, open, fresh fluid. Front disc, rear drum.

4-inch Rough Country lift. Truck rides very nice and is not bone jarring. New ORD front shackles. Power steering. No frame cracks. Steers straight and true. 35-inch Goodyear MT/R tires (90%) on new black steel wheels, just balanced. Full-size spare not mounted.

Does have factory hardtop in great shape and factory doors in OK shape. Both currently off, but included. Factory roll bar. Brand-new carpet. Brand-new, high-dollar factory style seat covers front and rear. Tub rust-proofed and lined with sound deadener under new carpet. New in-dash CD player with Infinity 6x9s in back.

Tub and frame are very clean. DS door has rust spot. Minor body dings here and there and factory two-tone paint is looking a little old.

Wife would like to have a Wrangler, though. Will sell outright for $6k or trade for a 97 or newer TJ Wrangler. Please, no beaters or salvage. Will add some cash for the right rig. May consider YJ or CJ.

Happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact azamstaff@yahoo.com with questions or to have full-size pics mailed. Clean title in hand. Will not part, so don't ask. Located in North Scottsdale, AZ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

No interest?

3. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Wow...selling it already huh? You just got that thing. That's too bad. Nice rig, wish I had the cash, then I could have a pair of '74's.

4. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Had it for several months. Mostly just trying to trade, but not a big deal. I'm still enjoying the hell out of it; drive it a few days a week.

5. chevy111

chevy111 1/2 ton status

Is the paint original? You got a pic of the engine, rear interior and a shot underneath. It looks like in the picture theres some damage on the passanger door an a spot of rust on the drivers door? Let me know. I love this year as much as the first gen.

6. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Paint appears original. I can give you the data tag info to decode if you wish. Yes, spot of rust completely through on lower rear DS door, about the size of a baseball. Several good dents in the PS door. Crease in the PS front fender and damage on bottom front of same. Windows locks and handles operate smoothly on doors, though.

Underside if very clean (I spent about 4 hours chipping off the hardened gear oil from the spewing old NP203).

Has a bunch of other stuff I didn't mention: new weatherstripping, new door hinge pins, new speedo cable, has a Scout II bikini top and header I haven't installed yet. New Taylor wires and HEI rebuild sitting on my garage floor that will be installed this week.

I'm on my way out to an appointment, but I'll be happy to take more photos tomorrow and post or e-mail them.
    d

7. chevy111

chevy111 1/2 ton status

do you know what the damage is from? Wheeling?

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ooo sad day buddy...especially b/c its to get a jeep! hmmm well I wish you the best of luck!

9. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Yep, I'd say the damage is from wheeling. Both front shackles were also bent (thus I replaced them). If I keep the rig, I'd just replace both doors and probably both front fenders, too, for good measure since the body parts are so cheap. The rear quarters, tailgate, hood, windshield frame, etc., are all in good shape.

I'm going out to get pics as soon as it's bright enough outside.

Oh, forgot to mention, it appears to be stock paint since the top and interior stuff is all the same color.
    d
    d

10. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

My online photo host appears to be down. Iceman, forward your e-mail and I'll send pics.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  11. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Server's back up. Here are some additional pics: Iceman, I sent some to your e-mail.

Doors are back on with new pins/bushings and the HEI is rebuilt on my garage floor waiting to go back in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Gorillajeep

Gorillajeep 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ma if I was closer I would be all over this! The bad news is I am on the other coast. Man I even have a jeep to trade, it's a Scrambler though. Good luck
    James

13. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status