Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ -Anyone deal with Empire Glass- Rant

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 87GMCJimmy, Jan 13, 2005.

1. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

The ugly - Broken windshield on the truck. :1zhelp:

The bad -
    So I had the windshield on the D-max replace last friday. NBD. Then monday I noticed a crack comming up from the lower drivers side corner. :what: I called Empire and they sent someone out to look at it. They proceed to tell me that someone pushed on the corner of the glass hard enough to crack it.....WTF. :surepal: The person who looked at the truck was gone before I could take to him because I was in a meeting. I looked at the windshield and there are no impact marks or anything that would suggest it not being a install/glass issue.:dunno: I didn't even drive the truck Sat/Sun b/c I got the shift kit installed in the Jimmy and was having too much fun with it. :pimp: When I called the office they said that if I want to drive down to Tempe and get a second opinion I could and he did say that he will do what we can.....Again WTF :mad1: I can't take a 1/2 day off of work to drive to Tempe.....It would be cheaper for me to buy a another piece of glass. :mad: And I went with a company that had mobil serivce for a f-ing reason. :angry1: Also, I would like to see someone push on the corner of a windsheild hard enough to crack it. :screwy:

The good(Well as good as it gets)
    I have glass coverage on my insurance. I called my agent and eventhough Empire is a prefered company, she doesn't recommened them because of a history of problems. I should have called her first. :doah: If I don't want to deal with Empire at all she has no problem just submitting another claim for a recommended company. :cool1: I'm going to call Empire back and see if they was to do the right thing. I doubt they will and I'm not sure I really want them even toughing the truck now.... I don't think there is much I can do to make a difference beside posting up here and hopefully saving someone else from having problems. I have glass insurance so I will not have any out of pocket cost's but what a PITA.

Anywho, just though I'd share my story and good luck to anyone choosing to deal with Empire Glass, b/c I will not. Now I need to calm down a little and get some work done.

Have a great day! :thumb:
    Mike

2. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

Maybe that's why those two people murdered the owner a couple years ago. They were disgruntled customers. :mad:

3. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Most all glass shops will not give such a horse-**** story. I'm willing to bet the installer nicked the edge under the seal, and like any crack in glass, it expanded at the slightest vibration. (like shutting your door). Obiously Empire glass is not a stand-up company. :mad: I think if you bitch loud enough, they might give a new one. We would do that for any customer, with a doubt.
    Good luck
    Joe

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I went to them a few years ago and wasn't impressed. We just had safelite do a new windshield and door window on our crew cab and could not be more pleased. They were reccomended by a friend of mine and will have our auto glass coverage from now on.

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I would make a huge deal about it a be the biggest thorn in their side.:deal: