Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ Care Package

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, Aug 8, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

I'm (still...) researching an insane move to AZ... Not that moving to AZ would be insane, but I will probably be doing it with everything I own strapped to the two vehicles I own outright, with no job lined up, and no place to live. What could be more insane? Bring along 3 dogs, a 3yr old, and a newborn baby!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

But all that aside, I think it's a sound plan. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

1) Can you rent a house for $400 per month? I know you *can* always rent as cheaply as you want, but I can't sacrifice safety... In other words, I know I won't get a mansion in the hills for that price, but I can't live somewhere that I have to worry about the safety of my Wife and Kids when I'm not home.

2) What's the best 'local' paper for Phoenix? Searching the internet turns up several and I'm not sure which one(s) to buy/watch for jobs/housing.

I may try to get out there first to try to line up a job and housing before the move, but by the time the baby comes I'll probably be homeless anyway so it may not matter *where* I'm homeless... I've had great help here from CK5ers and even an offer or two for a place to 'camp' if I come out to check things out first. Thanks in advance for your continued support!

Cheers,
    Sal

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    1) Can you rent a house for $400 per month?

2) What's the best 'local' paper for Phoenix?

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - You can get a decent apt in a decent area for $600. You could get a 1 bedroom for $400.

2 - The AZ Republic.

Some good news for you - The apt market down here is a buyers market. There are many complexex that have a very low move in and other incentives.

Good Luck

3. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    1) Can you rent a house for $400 per month?

2) What's the best 'local' paper for Phoenix?

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - You can get a decent apt in a decent area for $600. You could get a 1 bedroom for $400.

2 - The AZ Republic.

Some good news for you - The apt market down here is a buyers market. There are many complexex that have a very low move in and other incentives.

Good Luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get an apartment with 3 dogs though??? I've been through this before... You can have 2 giant dogs, but 3 small dogs is out of the question. Never tried it in AZ though... I lived in a 1br appt with 3 adults total and 3 dogs once... now with a new baby though it should bring new life to old nerves...

Sal

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

if you want I can mail you an az appartment guide, just pm me, I will be back in town on the 15th /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif