Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ Crown King back way

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by detailer03, Apr 13, 2006.

1. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

I ride a dirt bike and on some of the dirt bike boards there has been some discussion the the back way to CK is getting maintained, ie bulldozer and rebuilding the road. I was also told that it is getting done because people are worried about fires and getting out of CK in the event of fire. Has anyone heard anything about this????:confused:

2. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

I don't know the reason, but yes the back way to crown king has been graded part of the way. I was out there 3 or 4 weeks ago and they had just started. I talked to a friend the other day and he said it is graded about 1/3 of the way. It is graded up past where all the fires were a year or so ago.
    Brent

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

With some of the rains last year parts of the road washed out from what I heard. They may be repairing some of the damage from the water errosion. I don't know for sure though.

Harley

4. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You are correct in your assumption. Talked with the fire chief at length years back when i lived there and that is the reason it gets maintained.

DW

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

so is this just going to be a nice scenic "trail ride" now?

something to just go out for a camping trip and view the sites? :D

sounds like my kind of trail for the already overly dented DD Burb:crazy:

6. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The trail condition changes all year long as the wet season changes it with rain and snow...this coupled with traffic can effect the trail in different ways.
    Sometimes its a walk in the park...sometimes you have to watch what your doing. The nasty part is overly susceptable to moisture and traffic...that would be just before the oro belle mine and the left hand turn over the humbug to start the climb...this is where a lot of stockers make the mistake of trying to bite off more than they can chew and start breaking parts or relieving the body of running boards etc. But...doing the trail during the week can have certain advantages...like lack of two wheel traffic and if you are lucky and you come with air tools and the like there has been known to be stolen 4x's on their lid awaiting removal by the state...kinda like throwing in a few hours of pick a part into your trail ride and its free...ask Moose about the tires we scored....years back of course. The locals told me it was kinda magnet for stolen vehicles to get dumped after being beet.

DW