Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ Desert party Saturday Jan 12 UPDATED

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I'll get the details soon, but if you have no plans that Sat check back soon. So far what I know is that some friends have a Christmas tree bonfire/party in the desert near Phoenix. Probably off Highway 87 north of Fountain Hills. This is not a club organized event, and be warned these people have been known to get rowdy. If drunk rednecks get on your nerves don't bother. It's a desert party not a wheeling trip unfortunately sometimes drunk rednecks wheel at night in sandy washes and do their drunken bests to break stuff. Attend at your own risk! I should have location info soon. It's a good idea to bring camping gear so you don't have to drive home till you sober up. Bring all the Christmass Trees you can find. Please PM me if your interested.

I found out more info. The place: Lower Sycamore. Head north from fountain hills on Highway 87 past the Bush Highway / Saguaro lake turn off. Just before divided highway ends and the two way highway begins there is a median crossover left turn. Look for spray painted arrow turn left(west roughly) folow dirt road to Lower Sycamore Wash. I was also told that last year there were three tractor trailer loads of Christmas Trees and thousands of people. I find that hard to belive so we'll see. I also heard there were a lot of accidents, that I find easy to belive. I'll be there to watch the carnage.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by Greenblazer-AZ on 01/06/02 05:01 PM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Greenblazer-AZ on 01/07/02 12:23 AM.</FONT></P>

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Re: AZ Desert party Saturday Jan 12

Well, lessee.... drunk rednecks don't get on my nerves- around a campfire, staying out overnight= great fun. BUT.........

If your buddies decide to start driving around and trashing their trucks and the desert, please advice against it... it's not a good idea. This is why many places get closed- people being stupid. Please wheel responsibly, and encourage others to do the same.

Sincerely,

A fellow Zonie............

P.S.-- There is a cleanup get-together for the 19th at the Table Mesa Rd. area, Are you interested in attending? Let me know, I'll send you the details.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

3. Greenblazer-AZ

Hey Fellow Zonie, I totally agree with you, but I doubt that I could do much about these people. I barely know any of them and the ones I do know aren't the ones to worry about.

Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Our Az. group allready has a pre-planned event that day going to red creek....as far as drunk and large fires in the same place and time sounds like an accident waiting to happen....is this a high school thing?

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

5. Greenblazer-AZ

I honestly have no idea.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

I understand what you are saying, but there is a huge difference in what you can do. You would be totally suprised how people react when you let them know how REAL[​IMG] wheeling is done. Lead by example, my man, and I think it will show up in the people you hang out with. Either that, or you will wind up finding another group of folks to wheel with. I only know this because I experienced it[​IMG]. Good luck dude, I hope I don't come off sounding like a total a$$hole[​IMG]...........

P.S.- If you want to go out wheeling with some AZ CK5 members that Saturday, see the post here...http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5

7. Greenblazer-AZ

Hey FWP, Not at all(sounding like an a...) I would much rather go on the run with the real (read responsible) wheelers, especially since I don't drink and drunk idiots trashing their trucks and the desert are really not my kind of people. Going to the desert party would be more of a spectator sport, kinda like watching the stupid idiots running from the police on "COPS". Watching stupid people can be entertaining and educational. I PMed you with my ph # give me a call, maybe I can go with you guys on the 12th.

8. blazingjesse

blazingjesse 1/2 ton status

I never look here but now that i have, and missed the party(like i would have gone), i will start lookin.

9. Greenblazer-AZ

Hey Jessie, I ended up not going and went on a local K5 run. It was much more fun than the desert party could have been. Look for the thread "AZ Club" come join the real party.

Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

one of my friends who I will refer to as a drunken retard, wanted me to go to this years `tree burning party' as he called it. he described it much like you did... 3 tractor trailer loads of trees, thousnads of people tearing thier trucks up in a drunken stupor... I told him where he could stick it... :-P I've spent too much time and effort on my truck, to take it out to sycamore creek, and have some drunken idiot Tbone me by a bonfire... but oh well.

I need to check the boards more often, and find out where you guys keep having these AZ runs at... I wanna wheel, but I never seem to find you guys at the right times...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

11. Greenblazer-AZ

BTW I didn't go to that party I went to play with the CK5ers instead and I'm glad I did! My mmember's gallery has a few pics of my rig on that trip or you can go to my profile and click my homepage to see all my pics from the run.

Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings