Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ fire

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Used to go fishing up in that neck of the woods. Crying shame. My grandmother is about 40 miles away, but thankfully she lives out in the sand and there ain't enough brush there to BBQ a hot dog. The only good thing coming out of these fires is all that dope that's being burned up without making it to the streets.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It's nasty. I have alot of friends up there looking for a place to stay til it passes. A few guys I work with have already lost cabins.....

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Last year when the fires were in Montana- my uncles lost about 15% of there pasture land....SUCKED big time. it was a stone's throw from the barns, and houses. Luckily- and thankfully for all the volunter/paid fire fighter's that put there own lives on the line, my uncle's were able to save 85% of there land, and all of the outbuilding, plus they didn't lose any livestock....

THANK YOU FIREFIGHTERS!!

Hopefully the AZ fires, and CO as well, will be under control soon!

Brandy

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

We just put a crew on it yesterday - just about 60 city/district crews from Tucson and Phoenix are up there already, with more gearing up to go. Look for around 4 weeks before total containment /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Updates anyone? Sounds pretty bad..
    Hows the fires in Colo?

Pugs- stay safe man!!!

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Update on the fires... last I heard, ( this morning) the 2 fires combined into a mega massive fire spanning 300,000 + acres... the fire has burned linden, showlow, pinedale, overgaard, Heber, clay springs, to name the ones at the top of my head. if the fire goes much farther north, it'll hit brush and scrub land which has little/no vegitation to burn on it. if the winds keep shifting, it could travel eastward down the entire apache-sitgraves forest, into New MExico. if this happens, all the refugees in Eagar will have to be relocated again....

for local news, try www.azcentral.com

-Rich

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    it'll hit brush and scrub land which has little/no vegitation to burn on it

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why my grandmother doesn't have to worry about it cause she lives up there in the Garden of Eden Holbrook. Now this morning, I heard something about a lone horseman riding through Show Low after the town was pretty much empty. I know my way wacked uncle goes out on horse through the mountains there and was wondering if he was the dumba** they were talking about it. But then again, if he gets too close, he'll friggin spontaneous combust since he's one of these "shower once a decade" types.

8. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Still cruising, at zero containment - there's a good map here.

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

according ot one of my co workers who was up there helping drop off goods, the biggest problem they're having now, is fscking Looters! as my boss put it, `it'd really suck to have hte fire miss you, only to have the looters steal everything you owned...' I really hope they have martial `shoot the bastards on site' rules set up...

once again, fire is zero contained, out of control, and unpredictable, and we have a president staring at it from an airplane now too....

-Rich