Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ folks, THANKS for a lot!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Seventy4Blazer, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

here in a month or so some things are going to happen that i have no controll over. so, i will be single again. i am going to be taking a vacation from this area. it will be me, my Sonoma, my dog Schnitzel and a bunch of camping gear. im going to the grand canyon, but will be stoping in the PHX are for a few days. i have no dates yet or anything like that. but will in a few weeks.

today is the WORST day of my life, and i wish i could take this trip right now, but i cant.

it seems like i am bitching, and i am. those of you who have let me crash at your place, and who have let me drive your rigs, and who have helped me out in other ways know who you are. its people like you guys who keep me sane, and with a bit more cash in my pocket. i owe you all a big favor. and some day will figure out a way to pay you back.
    thanks again.

Grant

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, so sorry to hear that. If I can do anything for you, let me know. You have my number. Good luck...

3. Seventy4Blazer

belive me. i am to.
    she is going to stay here for a while longer, and we are going to stay married for a few more months before we file.
    it was just so sudden and out of nowhere. but it will make her happy. i think it will be better in the long run.

the only thing i will be needing is a nice bottle of jack on the night she does drive away. but i will find out.
    who knows, maybe she will change her mind. but i dont think it will make things better. i cant chasnge what i dont know and dont see a need for change.
    thanks again Russ.
    Grant

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Grant,

Sorry to hear things are kinda rocky right now..... Things will get better... I promise. I know how it goes.. like many others, I've been there.

You're always welcome around my house - just give me some notice before you pass thru....

Marv

5. Seventy4Blazer

once again thanks marv, the few times i have met you you left a big impression. i owe ya a bit here and there. once my truck is ready you, me, russ, and rob can all go out together, GASS AND FOOD ON ME! but it will be a while.
    Jill got any sisters? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Grant

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Some thing that strikes me as odd, is that you two just bought a car, my parents had just bought a car before they split, same goes for a few others couples I know.

Maby this is a top secret plot by GM to split couples up, so they have to go and get another car so no one is left empty handed /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Just tell me money wasn't one of the reasons, I swear I hate money so [insert bed word here..] much.

My parents were married for 20 years then they split up 2 years ago, they still "see" eachother and go out, it's kind of wierd, I wish they just would figure out what they want.

I hope things work out, if they do I hope it's for the right reasons, good luck Grant.

-Shawn

7. Seventy4Blazer

things are gonna work out great. seems from what i am hearing from people back home is that her trip home 2 weeks ago for a week wasnt as it was told to me over the phone.

i had my suspicions, but they were just semi verified.
    we are going to part on better terms than most divorces. thats one reason why we are doing it now.
    thanks Man
    Grant

8. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]
    seems from what i am hearing from people back home is that her trip home 2 weeks ago for a week wasnt as it was told to me over the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.... I have soooooo been there...! In my case, I was told it was a 2 week trip to Iowa at Christmastime and she supposedly got "snowed in" for another week... Only one gettin' the "snow job" was me..! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Turns out she looked up her old boyfriend on the internet and had been e-mailing him for 6-8 months. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Oh well.... You know.. it was the best thing that ever happened to me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'm way happier now than I ever could've been w/ her... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Marv

9. Seventy4Blazer

marv, you still never answered my question...
    Jill got a sister...
    its alright. single i stay for a year or so.
    just got to find a friend with benifits here in a while.

i found out today that a few things she said over the phone while she was home never happened. think she forgot my sister talks to my parents who talk to me. so i know for a fact that one of two things, if not both happened. i had my suspicions while she was gone but gave her the benifit of the doubt. no all i have is doubt. she wthier went back to drugs, or cheated on me.

ethier way, we are breaking up even if i didnt know bout this stuff. so to keep things civil like they are i may not even bring it up untill she comes back down to get all her stuff in a few months. first she has to leave.

i might sell the house in 6 months or so and buy a garage/shop and just live out of it. who knows. i have to see where my Marine Corps "Carreer" is going to send me next.

all is good and im over the initail shock and heart tearing of it.

word gets out fast when you are getting divorced. already got like 4 ex's/old friends e-mailing me. no clue who told them...

women suck.
    Grant

10. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    women suck.
    Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

This is both why we hate them...and love um /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope things work out somewhat ok. I know I don't know you very well, but if there is anything I can do let me know Grant.

Harley

12. Seventy4Blazer

Harley,
    thanks man. i think the only thing im going to need help with is selling my TV. wanna buy it?
    he he...

ya know what, it seems like CK5 is a better family than the one i was born into and married into.

Grant

13. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Thats too bad man, I've only met you once when we went tubing with the other guys but we all here have something in common ( Bow Ties) thats why we come here.

I've met some of the other guys here a couple of times and I'm begining to feel real comfortable like a second family.

Rob Marv and Fred made me feel welcome this past weekend and anything within my means I'd like to make others feel welcome also /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]
    marv, you still never answered my question...
    Jill got a sister...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... actually... Jill has 4 sisters /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... Problem is... Jill is like #7 of 8, and so all of them are older. Jill works hard to keep in shape, so she looks great for her age... bet you think she's younger than she is /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif....

Marv

15. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear the news Grant....never could understand how these things come out of seemingly nowhere. Hang tough bud...it'll be rough at first so don't hang on to the bottle as it will bring nothing but trouble...so find a positive and or constructive thing to do with your off time...tinker with the K5...read a book..go see movies...just don't let the bottle drown you bud!!!!

DW

16. FWP

FWP CRS

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, This will be tough on you. Don't let it eat you up, you will make it through it. Call if you want to chat. There's many of us here for you, you can count on it.

Fred

17. Seventy4Blazer

Marv,
    jill is older than me? yeah.. ok.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    ya know what man, Sheila is the only woman i dated(and then married) that was younger than me. women are like wine... the older, the better. but then there is that point that nice wine spoils to vinger... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

nah, like i said before. once she moves out, im staying single for a while.

Fred, Thanks man. some day ill come all the way up to your neck of the woods and bug ya. turn some wrenches, drive over some rocks. something.

Doug,
    honestly and oddly i have yet to have a drink. i think the DUI 3.5 years ago and a few other times of alc reladted things made me quit after a bit. and im on a stand still on the K5 till i get a harnes.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Grant