Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Az guys - a question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jul 2, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A friend told me that the news was reporting that Crown King is evacuating. A fire is burning near it. Anyone have any details???

2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Lots of fires here in the summer but I haven't heard anything specific about the crown king area. Let me look around and ill repost if i find anything

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

As of Friday, I'd heard it's on the west side of the mountain. Back then no structures were being threatened but I guess that's changed.

Just read the article in yesterdays paper. It says that a Level one team has set up a headquarters at Mayer High School. Firefighters were observing flames 30 feet tall.

Doesn't sound to good for Crown King. Hope they beat it back I like that town.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

cruised up I-17 the other day, you could clearly see the smoke from the fires on the hillside, flames wern't high enough to see though, plenty of smoke,,,this was on the west side of the freeway.

Looked pretty decent sized too, haven't heard of any evacuations from that area though, the one farteher up north i have heard about them getting the funk outta dodge though

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I camped up there a few years ago. Beautiful area. It's a shame that those fires are burning...