Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

az guys i need your help

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by k5redneck, Sep 13, 2004.

1. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

the 75 is going back togother and i need your guys help. i need someone to weld the 14bolt for me(marv i will pay in beer if u can). i need help puting the lockright in the front(never put one in before). and some random fab work and ideas if u guys are willing. i will be starting on it this weekend and working on it untill it is done are ready for the trail. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

give me a call or pm me if u can help out /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

David Furimsky aka dave
    (480)518-3776

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Dave,

I can weld it.... You gotta do the hard work, like pull it (is it loose?), clean it, put it back together...

If it's just welding, I can help you out.

Marv

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I can do the lockright , watched Marv do mine , and since then I have had mine in and out twice . Piece of cake , especially since the front has no c-clips ( thats the hardest part to get thos in there ) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

I'll help out where ever I can....I have to spend a few hours at work Saturday morning but other than that, I'm free and willing to help. It would also be a great chance to meet you and some of the other guys.

Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

my plan for this weekend is if i can find a flex plate in az the trans and t-case is going in. also in need to swap the rear springs so i can give jay the 52's.

marv all u need is the carrier right? if so i can drop it off in the next week or so.
    if i cant talk my dad in to helping puting the carrier back in i will need help with that. i have rebuilt 12bolts but not 14 bolts.

6. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll help out where ever I can....I have to spend a few hours at work Saturday morning but other than that, I'm free and willing to help. It would also be a great chance to meet you and some of the other guys.

Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if u are willing to help out this weekend i think pauly383 is doing an axle swap this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    i think pauly383 is doing an axle swap this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup , 3.08s coming out of the Blazer and going under the project , 3.73's going in . Its one of the free things I can do right now . This scores me better gearing for the 33's , and I can regear the project at a later date . It also puts the 30 spline front on the truck less likely to break it as its staying open on my driver . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    marv all u need is the carrier right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I think so... I've never welded a 14b, but I'm sure I could figg'r it out.

Marv

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Your gonna need the spider and side gears too of course. Just take the carrier apart (remove ring gear, remove counter sunk screws) and start with welding the spiders to the side gear on the ring side. Spiders will lay in place with their pins held by the carrier. Only problem is potentially the top side gear. Might be able to just lay it on top of the tacked spiders, many seem to do it that way, or put the carrier partly together and spot through the holes (tough, gotta hold that stick steady). Either way, spot it good and solid, then weld it into a solid mass to prevent having problems like Tim had down in Las Cruces.

10. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info russ.
    marv, if u screw the carrier up its cool i can get them for like $10, i think shawn has 1 or 2 laying around.

Andrew, if u are willing this weekend im swaping rear springs after i get done at pauls. my blazer is like a mile or two a way from pauls.

11. teamhickman

Sounds good, like I said, I have to come in for a few hours Saturday morning but should be free late morning and afternoon. I assume the number you listed above is a cell? If so I'll give you a call Saturday.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting both you and Paul.

Andrew

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Don't do it Andrew!!!! They're a couple of major league freaks.

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

j/k boys

Good God I'm flippin hilarious.

At least to me I am. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. teamhickman

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif That's to funny! They must not be all bad, they belong to CK5.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

allan,
    drunks yes /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif, freaks not even close.

15. justhorsinaround

Speakin of drunks ( /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif) we have yet to have any sort of Arizona Ck5 grand get together to swim, burn some meat, and drink beer.
    Yes this is a little off topic but you opened the door Dave. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Our house is always open to such a thang. We should do this soon though before the weather turns to non swimmin. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

16. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

sounds good, doors wide open at allan's "Free beer and Food come and get it". /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. justhorsinaround

Yea ok the beer and food is free to you if you bring it before hand doofus. You think we're made of money? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Course it could be free to everyone else if YOU bring all the supplies. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

18. pauly383

Remember to bring enough beer for yourself ........ and Allan /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Just kidding man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

rember allan i still cant by beer /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

now back to the 75, i got the flex plate from shawn so the trans should go in this weekend or next. im geting the front locker today /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif. sunday im doing the rear springs, pulling the 14bolt apart, and maybe doing the front locker. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif