Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Az Guys... planning a trip in April

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blender, Mar 11, 2002.

1. blender

blender Registered Member

Me and Ford-boy are going to get together for a trip up to Crown King april 6th, anyone who would like to come along is welcome let me know and we'll set up a meeting place. We were planning on leaving early saturday morning and will be camping out that night.

2. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure I'll be able to make this one. Since the last trip I've picked up some bad vibrations at freeway speeds. Work has prevented me from finding the problem yet. Once I find the problem, who knows.

3. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I pretty much can't run something like that, truck technically isn't street legal, so I need parking for the tow vehicle & trailer, & I'd have to run back down the trail to get back to them.

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Alright!... got a volunteer to plan the next trip..!! Way to go, let's keep it going.

Sad to say that weekend is bad for me, so I prolly won't make it. If I get a break in plans, I'll let you know.

Marv

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Might work for me, nothing planned that weekend ! Keep us updated!

6. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Myself,Azblazer,Three scouts, and a Tahoe are in, oh and a 84blazer newbe... Just going up for Saturday.....

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Man I wish I could go. That was my first real trail that I ran, and it was fun. I have wanted to do it again but have had nobody to do it with. Now there are people going, and I am at college. This sucks. Oh well. Hope you all have fun. It isn't to hard, but can be challenging. I was unlucky enough to run it in the rain, but my truck, and a stock 94 Bronco with 32's made it so most people should be ok. I have even heard that it has gotten easier since I ran it 21/2 years ago. You all have fun. I will be back to wheel in May.

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ok boys, i want to be in this one.
    so i have a CD of pictures i am mailing out to folks. it is free but i am taking donations for it. if a dontaion is sent 3 bucks covers the cd. anything more goes to my truck so i can be there in april
    and buy parts off me if you can.
    talk to marv_springer he has the disk already
    it is pics from last month in florence.
    Grant

ohh, wait that is 2 days after my b day and one day after i get my NEW HOUSE
    so i am sorry, i cant be there. but i am still doing the CD
    Grant

9. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

well... I could always take my Dodge, but I dunno if y'all could handle me being afraid of dents & scratches...
    It might also show that I can't really drive, just my Ford has so much in it that it makes me look good.

10. FWP

FWP CRS

haaahaaahaaa/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif, C'mon, I wanna see you afraid of dents and scratches/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Not this time Fred. Will do the hard stuff again soon....
    Are you going? If you are I'll bring you Cd's

12. Greenblazer-AZ

Well I found out what's causing the vibration... Big dent in the driveshaft. I haven't totally ruled out going, but I'm not sure.

13. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Brian,

It's not looking very good for me either, have an out of town work issue that's conflicting with the ride. I may be able to juggle but I won't know until the week of the 1st.

I will keep you guy's informed.

robzilla

14. Greenblazer-AZ

What about later in the month? It sounds like a few of us can't make it that weekend. I know that if it were later in the month I could prolly make it. The middle of April would work better for me. Sat April 13th is my birthday. I hope to go wheeling for my birthday, even if you guys go on the 6th, I still plan to go on the 13th.

15. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Haulgas was over the other night after work...and thought about the 6th....and its lookin like it'll be a bust ...so we need to pick a date that will work for all so we can all attend as per usual...thats what its all about...plus the 79 is still down at this point...garage is full of sidework so that detroit and Kayline will just have to wait another week....

Azblazer

16. Greenblazer-AZ

17. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

There are guy's at work that put in for that day off.I'll see what they say but I'm sure that they won't be able to switch.Blender is the one that planed this so it will be up to him.

18. blender

I just got through talking to Ford boy and its still a go on the 6th,He's already traded days off work with someone so he would have that weekend off and neither one of us have anything better to do on saturday.So if theres anyone left out there who wants to go pm me.

19. blender

20. Greenblazer-AZ