Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Az guys where can i get gears?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mightywhitey_k5, Feb 10, 2005.

1. mightywhitey_k5

mightywhitey_k5 Registered Member

Do any of u ck5ers in A.z. know of a good gear shop that i can take my 14bff to and have them put some gears in for me and not rape me at the same time. It would be great if they were in Tucson but i could make the drive up to phoenix if i had to.

2. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Barts transmisson
    he does a good honest job

3. mightywhitey_k5

is bart in tucson phx
    ?

4. 76SILVERADO

76SILVERADO Registered Member

phoenix. cave creek & bell rd

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

if you can contact brian at the desert rat in mesa

he used to be on ck5, and is friends with many members on here, also the manager is a great guy and wheels with ck5ers too.

Really recommended guy too!

6. mightywhitey_k5

cool, i will try getting in contact with him

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Brian at Desert Rat is the Wholesale Salesman. The manager of the Mesa Desert Rat is Eric Vos.

Brian LaBarge or Shaner Davidson are the two guys at Desert Rat that do the gear installs. Shaner has become as good as Brian when it comes to R&P installs.

If you are going to call Desert Rat, you need to call the Mesa location, and talk with Eric Vos, tell Eric you heard about Shaner and Brian from Coloradok5 and Rob Finelli. If you don't tell Eric this information you will get quoted the standard retail price for the install.

He will ask you if you have a master install kit and the actual gears themselves, or if they are going supply the gears and install kit. It's sometime cheaper just to have them do the whole thing, by the time you figure freight from the supplier you are going to by the gears at.

The Desert Rat in Mesa is very Coloradok5 friendly, they have provided giveaways for the last 2 Blazer Bash, and have done work and or sourced parts for a bunch of us guys here from AZ, including myself and Marv Springer.

I hang out in the store everyday, they are about 2 blocks from my office.

The one thing I will tell you is to be patience, they get busy, and when they are doing work for the CK5 guys, it's usually at a pretty discounted rate, so they will have to fit you in. Don't get impatience and they will normally take real good care of you installation.

I have all my R&P work done by these guys, and have never had problems with it as of current.

Rob