Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ guys who do yardwork

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Sep 14, 2005.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well . Does anyone know anyone , or do it yourselves , to come clean my yard ? Some one reputable , and fair ..... no tweakers or trash . Just weeds and some trash removal to do .

Been doing the weeds periodically with the Hula Ho , and seems all I did was spread seeds and the moisture last 2 weeks made them come back bigger and thicker .

I want them gone , and the wife earmarked some cash for it .

Had a guy who was going to do it for a new hi-lift , and he never called me back .

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

"Roundup" is your friend. I spray once every month or so and it keeps my yard free of weeds.

3. pauly383

I had tried that newer bottle with the hose and battery powered nozzle , I think all I really did was water them and piss off some ants :eek1:

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got a pressurized sprayer. Mix it up per directions, pump 'er up, and spray, then clean to keep it from gumming up. Total time is maybe 30 minutes once a month. Sprayer cost about $20 at HD. The chemical concentrate is a bit pricey, but cheaper in volume, and the larger jug lasts me over a year. For my experience, the weeds are dead and dry within about 4-5 days. Beats the heck out of mowing a lawn! :D

5. pauly383

I'll try the roundup , I have a sprayer . I actually have all the yard tools , just getting tired of doing it .

Maybe it was the buckets of sweat this summer that got to me , during the Monsoon i was doing it every Sunday morning , except the last 2 weekends .

. I still need to find someone to take away the weeds I let go though . I don't want to do it , anyfree weekend time is going to the truck for Moab .

6. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

killing weeds (and everything else

try a product called Triox, it is a soil sterilizer. and will make sure nothing grows for two years. I used it while liveing in Florida and worked great, dont need here in central coast cali. They sold it at Ace hardware, goodluck.