Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ Guys

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

For all you AZ guys who ran with us last weekend with the Canadians it is time to do maintanence on your truck. I just pulled my front driveshaft out and the slipyoke puked water when I compressed it. I think the ujoint caps have water in them too.

It is time to check all fluids for water, repack wheel bearings, grease anything that can take grease, and get any water out of your driveshaft slipyokes. Maintanence is the key to longevity and helping minimize trail breakages. :D

Just a reminder and heads up.

Harley

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am glad I Changed my front vent hose . Gonna do some maintenance myself before the weekends out :D

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

yup ontop of it, going to change out the diff fluid sunday, and I got a face full of nasty water from the drive shaft already:mad:

:grin:

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Is beer a good lube for parts????:grin: :grin:

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

No, it is heavily water based. I would recommend you use something with a little less water in it and more potent. Something like Jack Black, SoCo 100 proof, or for best protection Everclear. Everclear is guaranteed to make your ujoints and knee joints slide smoothly, ok just your knee joints as you hit the floor but you won't care about your ujoints anymore after that. :D

Harley