Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ K5 Run Photos Uploaded & Ready To View

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therobzilla, Jan 13, 2002.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Here they are,

Ok before you all go rusing off to check out the photos, let me get some very important business done first. So hang with this post for a minute.

1. I want to tank eveyone, including Doug, Brian, and the many others that hung with me while I repaired the blazer. Your efforts and help were much appreciated. Fred is still the man, he figured it was fuel pressure. Brian and Doug, and Brians friend with the NAPA hat, (Sorry forgot you name), without your help the tank would have never went down and up so quickly.

2. Let me thank everyone once again for being patience. It's quite annoying when someone breaks done especially when they are in front of you. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

3. I had a blast, it was the first time I had been out in over a year, and it was very enjoyable. Thank everyone for the fun we had.

4. Brian get's a special adaboy, for planning and coordiniating this trip. YOU DA MAN!!!

5. Let's do this again soon, like in a month from now. I promised Brian I would help coordinate another run. What does everyone think.

6. What about a meeting once in a while were we get together and have dinner and talk about where to go?? And what fun we had???

7. Dan thanks for meeting and driving up with me. It was truely a blast, I will stop by soon and we can hang out.

8. Last but not least here is the link to the pictures. Keep in mind I was not able to get many photos on Saturday due to the fuel pump thing. Enjoy the photos, it's my thank you to everyone who helped out.

Here is the line to the pictues, there is about 23 pictures so keep clicking.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/AZ5RUN>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/AZ5RUN</a>

Rob
    AKA: therobzilla

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was wondering who else got photos. Those are some sweet shots. Looks like I missed some of the really cool parts of the trail. Oh well, next time. I got a few, but haven't got them developed yet (had to go back to CO). After I get them developed I will send them to someone with a scanner that can scan them for me. So if you have a scanner and can help me out let me know. Thanks.

Harley

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Hey Rob, Thanks for the photos and all your help! Digital cameras are great, I'll have to get mine develpoed before I can post them. I can't wait to do it again!

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Winter madness next week [​IMG] I may not make it [​IMG]

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

5. therobzilla

Hossbaby50,

When you get the pictures developed, ask them if you can get copies on a CD Rom, usually most places can take the film and print pictures and then export the same pictures onto a CDROM.

I don't have a scanner, but have one at work, when you get them developed, send me a copy and I will upload.

Rob

6. therobzilla

Eric,

That sucks, what's the problem??

I am going to be in Cincinnati OH for a sales meeting.

Rob

7. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Hey Harley, It was great to meet you. You can save yourself the trouble of having those pictures scanned if you get a Kodak picture CD when you get them developed (if you have a CD rom in your computer), Wallgreens drugstore does it, but I'm sure you can fin someplace that can make the picture CD if you dont have a Wallgreens in your town. Sorry you had to miss out on the rest of the fun. Come back to AZ and do it again some time.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

8. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

DOG GONE IT.....These are the types of images that make me get out and fininsh my rig.......I am a local ZONI and wish I could have been with you allllllllllllssssssss....maybe next time.
    Keep me on the mailer list for future runs, never know when BAM THE DARN THING IS GOING......
    rezalB

Built for a purpose.

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Big smiles on the hole bunch.

Man, I gotta get my junk done!

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted

11. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

KEWL pics.Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Gokartergo>KLICK</a>

12. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks for all your hospitality Rob, I appreciate it. I had a great time. Joey and Josh had fun in the back of the truck dodging branches[​IMG]....

Thanks to Rob, Bender and Jeremy for the food and blankets, on the unexpected overnight stay.

Wow- Fordboy made it thru[​IMG]..Phil....I mean Eric...

Sorry Baddog, maybe next time- [​IMG]

GreenBlazer- ain't so green[​IMG]

Hossbaby and Desertdueler- I wish you guys could have stayed to wheel with us some more. We'll do it again sometime, I'm sure.

Doug- Thanks for making the call for me- You have always been there to help me out- Thanks my friend.

Brian- Too cool of a place, I'm glad you showed it to us. Thanks for the beer[​IMG].... Oh BTW, thank your Dad for me- great guy, awesome info about Arizona. I enjoyed talking to him.

Last but not least- JOIN THE AZOW NETWORK, if you haven't already. Simply E-mail azow@toyboxoffroad.com and ask to be put on the list.

Thanks again guys,

Fred

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

13. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Fred,
    Glad you had a great time we'll do it again. By the way he's my father-in-law as my dad left us 5 years ago to the big rock pile in the sky.

IT'S NOT JUST A J**P THING AND I DO UNDERSTAND

14. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well it looks as if i'm johnny come lately in the post dept...lol.

Moose has me tied up in knots in the garage as of late tryin to make the Parker 400 deadline...we'll get it done though!

Hats off to Brian...even though he doesn't pay attetion to flashing lights in the dark...lol...just pullin your leg bud! it was dark...late...the bush monster ate my antennee so i couldn't holler for help....but the 79 managed to somehow make it to 43rd ave and cactus minus and altenator belt anyways....as far as the Lock_Right goes...thats a different story entirely...
    So Brian..whens the Fishin trip? Got my 2002 license...oops..no K5 to get there for a while...lol.

Rob Zilla aka Vacum Tight....if the shoe fits... Don't worry about trail breakdowns...its all part of the game we play...but thanx to yourself and Brian i think barring any broken metal...we had parts enough to handle anything! Which BTW since i can't be out done...i will be reinventing the wheel in that dept....except i won't duplicate Vacum Tight's approach...lol. Sorry Rob...gonna rib you on that for quite awhile..hehehe.

Glad we had such a good turnout for once...the first time we tried a Az. get together in Tempe we had a good showing but shortly after the parking lot cleared everyone dissapeared from the board...the 2nd attempt was the crown king run and FWP was the only one to show....the 3rd trip where i took one and all to Columbia Az. was a fiasco....so i was pleased as pie that everyone showed up and enjoyed themselves....as far as the monthly deal...good idea...and i think Brian should be in charge since i remember that he was wanting to start an Az. K5 club when i first met him....Haulgas For Prez!!! snicker.....

No prob on the phone call Fred...gotcha covered!

Dig Cam has finally made it up stairs to the charger....will be sometime tomorrow before the batts charged and pics are uploaded...any ideas on where i can post them for all to see....this puter techno stuff is beyond me....lol. No comments Brian.....

I did pick up a trim ring in Red Creek...mangled of course...the owner was? The same as the grille i picked up?

I managed to dent the pass door pretty good....Brian got the same treatment but in the fender....and Mr. MAP sensor aka Vacum Tight took what appears to be a tree branch all the way down the side of the r/s quarte panel.....oh ya...i lost my cb antenne to the rabbit holes we drove thru...i'm not exagerating....but the antenee deal gave Vacum Tight and Haulgas quite a laughing spell.....guess you had to be there and see it for yourself....but i think with my luck brian managed to snap a few shots before wetting himself...lol.

Bad Dog...like i said sunday night...call Michelle at Sands Chev and tell her i said to call...buy an OEM EGR valve and get my discount....8500GVW and down takes the Neg valve...and next week if Moose's 73 courier desert truck makes it thru the poker run i'll have some time to spare afore Feb....to work out all the kinks.

I vote the next trip out is somewhere i can take the Chalet so i can camp in style...lol....the two upper bunks are empty so make your reservations now.....lol.

And to the others i met for the first time...i'm sh-- with names until i meet you a couple of times...plus draggin the rear with the winch the trail dust fogs my pee brain......hope you all come out again....thats what CK5 is all about...wheelin our K5's and makin new friends!

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

15. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Rob, glad to hear you got to take the Blazer out. Looks like everyone had a good time.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

16. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you guys got a little damage on the way out :) Luckly the only thing that broke was my grille and zip ties fixed that.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

17. Hossbaby50

Thanks for picking up my pieces. Both the grill and trim ring are fubared. Oh well thats what wheelin is all about. It could have been alot worse. I didn't even see my trim ring as I was going out. Glad to hear everyone made it out ok. I had a good time, and it was nice meeting you all.

Harley

18. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Lesson's learned...i truely am weird as i like the look of the oem rally wheels ....anyways after attending the Why To K5 run i learned an important question....rocks eat trim rings...lol...so if you noticed i pulled my trim rings before airing down saturday....

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

19. Hossbaby50

Ya, there is two things I did learn after this weekend. Zip ties would hold my grill in on the street, but not on bumpy dirt roads. And definitly pull the trim rings before I wheel next time.

20. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Looks like you had a good time out there. What kind of fender flares does the Yellow 1/2 ton (Fred) have?

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>