Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***AZ K5 RUN TRAIL REPORT & PICTURES***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therobzilla, Mar 3, 2002.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK,

Here is a quick update. WHAT A BLAST, IF YOU MISSED THIS RIDE, YOU MISSED A GREAT TIME! Camping was awesome, I think it was seven of us, both Friday night and Saturday night, FWD/Fred, found us a great camp site in a wash about 3 miles from the trailhead off the dirt road, FRED YOU DA MAN, awesome spot, no major traffic and not a lot of wind and dust.

We met up with Marv and a group on Saturday morning, and ran Upper Woodpecker, this ride was the BOMB!!!! Awesome driving and awesome trail, no major breakdowns, but some body damage and some minor breaks.

Sunday was ARCA Rockcrawling on Lower Woodpecker, this was also a blast, and an awesome time. Saw 2 rollovers, and some awesome rigs.

All in all, this trip was awesome, and the people that made it, had a great time. The best part of this ride, were the people that attended. Thanks everyone for making this ride such a great time.

Here are some of the pictures that I have uploaded, not all though. I still have more to upload.

Here is the link:

<a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Robzilla/shoebox.msnw>http://communities.msn.com/Robzilla/shoebox.msnw</a>

Once again,
    Thanks everyone

robzilla

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Don't rub it in. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Oh well, I spent the weekend building a new front cross member to get ready for my cross over setup that's on it's way.

BTW, the link just takes me to "my photos". Looks like it wants me to upload my pics there, rather than view yours.

Anyway, glad you guys had a good time, looking forward to the pics.

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Where ya hidin the pics?

Azblazer

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sweet pics, looks like you all had alot of fun. I wish I could have been there. I hope to catch the runs you all do this summer. I have to pick up my 14bff, and D44 when I get back next week for spring break, so hopefully my rig will be set up to run trails like that this summer.

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the pics Rob. I had a blast! Too bad I had to leave early Sunday and miss seeing the serious carnage.

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Glad you guys had fun. I couldnt make it because I was out on my "new boat" for the first time. Its a 1965 Howard v-drive. I was out cruising across the lake at 60+ all weekend /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Fast boats as awsome! Had to break it in so I can take it to Lake Havasu for spring break.

7. blublaz57

blublaz57 1/2 ton status

ROB!!!!! I wanted to go man!!! When you called I was up to my elbows in diff oil and I was installing the open carrier to put my lockright into. I had it in and working by 8 that night(thanks Sinan and Don (Blublaz57) for all the help). I wasnt sure if I wanted to go and tear it up too bad its first day of life! Anyway, next time for sure! Im helping Don with his Lockright on wednesday. Im gonna punish myself and look at the pictures and think about the next trip!

8. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Hell yea, it was a great time guys. I'm quite happy I found more big trucks to go out &amp; run with.

9. Greenblazer-AZ

Let's see, there were six K5s including the Chalet, two Chevrolet pickups, one Ford, one Jeep, and an ATV. Plus Grant(seventy4blazer) and his wife, three or four kids, Eli's friend Dan, and a couple of other guys in Jeeps that were apparently tagging along for the ride. I know I will probably get some of the names wrong, but here goes...
    Rob and son Joey in a Blazer.
    Marv, his girlfriend, and her two girls in a Blazer.
    Fred in his Blazer.
    Doug in his Chalet Blazer.
    Eli and friend Dan in a Blazer.
    Allan(me), Grant and wife in my Blazer.
    TJ or was it DJ in his pickup.
    Mike in his Stepside P/U.
    Matt in his Ford(With Chevy parts).
    Keith in his Jeep.
    Sean on his ATV.
    Plus the two guys in the white Jeep and the guy and his kid in the black Jeep that tagged along.
    That is a total of 13 rigs, 22 people, and it was an awesome trip.

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

OK you're not freaking out, I was. my computer was broken and I was using Dons but forgot I was under his name.......Sounds a nd looks like you guys had a blast. I love my LOCKER!!!!

11. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Does anybody need a rock Jimmy? I need to get rid of mine $3500 obo

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

allan,
    thanks again for letting me and sheila ride with us.
    PM me your address and i will get a CD of pics to you.
    i have WAY to many to post up here. and my service is SLOW.
    hope to see you all out there again, Marv, if you are reading this you are reading this your CD is going out wednesday.
    Grant

13. calvin

calvin 1/2 ton status

Great pics, must of been a blast

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Allan,

Your memory is unbelievable..!! Were you takin' notes?!?!

Thanks to all who went on this run... It was a cool trip.

Anyone want to "take control" and plan next months' ride?!? .... I've done enough damage.

Marv

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

GREAT pics...........you guys are showing the rest of us how to get together and wheel.

16. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

Kick but run! I had a blast even though I couldn't hit the trail that hard. I want a LOCKER!!! (or two)! Thanks everyone for helping me by pulling/pushing/prying my rig over all the rocks that it got stuck on. Rob, are we still on for coming over on fir/sat. to watch movies and bs about the trip?

17. Greenblazer-AZ

Hey Marv, No notes pure memory. BTW everybody check out the new post in the Garage, I put up a link to Keith's pics. Yep I memorized his web address too. The goverment would have you belive that Marijuana is bad for your brain.