Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Az People Meeting in the Heat...!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by marv_springer, Jul 17, 2003.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was meaning a little hot to go wheeling so how about a get together somewhere like we did a year or so ago. Kinda a meet and greet any newbies plus the wifes can come along just incase someone may need a designated driver. Any body up for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days.... At this point I'd like some input from the masses /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The way I see it, the heat has us limited to a couple of different options. Here they are:

1) Meet at an indoor place. Thank the guy above for A/C /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. We could meet at a public place like a mall or something. Yeah, yeah.... go ahead and say I'm a closet mall cruiser /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

2) Meet outdoors - but near some water source. I see possibilities as the 1st cove out by Saguaro Lake, a water park, or crashing a public place that has a decorative water fountain /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.... The good thing about outdoors is that we'd get some exposure to wheeling and viewing the trucks.

3) Drive up North out of the heat. Hey #3... got any ideas where we could do this?

So...what do you guys think? This fall will kick off a great season of wheeling - and it looks like we got a lot of "noobies" who are interested.... so let's make a plan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif..

Please vote and add your specific suggestions:

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1058463975marv_springer">

Zonies Meet and Greet
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Indoors where the Cooler is near!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Outdoors, but near some water!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Head North...!
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Marv

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i need 2 weeks... or it will be just a me thing. no wife. she has to work weekends right now and has her schedual for the next 2 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i dont care where it is, so long as its a saturday or sunday. now, are you folks going to plan around JUST me so my wife can come? nah, and i dont expect you to. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Grant

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yea i jus moved here like 3 months ago and i wanna see some of yur rigs! i dunt have my sub here but i can ride along.

4. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I'd love to get together with everyone. Don't know if I can with things right now. Its a bit tough to make plans with my schedule right now. I couldn't bring the truck anyways. And I don't thing the heat would work with my new daughter.

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

As far as I am concerned, it all works for me, but if it is for family, I would have to vote for inside with A/C (wife &amp; new baby would sure appreciate this).
    Nick

6. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I would have to vote inside for the wife. But I say it needs to be near liquid refresment /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I doubt I can do anything in the next few weeks, my mother and step-father are visting for 3 weeks... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

hehehe... i guess yer SOL then huh...
    nah man, im kidding. maybe i should request everybody coems out HERE this time....
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifgrant

9. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I vote for inside some where and this time I'll plan on staying for a while.

Mike

10. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Bring it on, I'm always game to get together.

rob

11. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Grant I was actually in Yuma last weekend and forgot to let you know we were coming through on the way back from San Diego. Ate at Dennys. Hey is VMA-223 Airwing still stationed down there? I don't think so but hell I don't know. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

12. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How about we all meet this weekend overs Juans new coilover job and help him get his blazer running right? My place or yours or somebody elses?
    Mark

13. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Ok.... Results are in...

.... and the winner is: 2) Meet outdoors - but near some water source.

So,

What lake can we meet near? The only one I know of is the "Butcher Jones" area by Saguaro Lake. Has anyone been out there recently? What about other lakes? Different parts of town for all... where would be the easiest? Can we swim in Tempe Town Lake? Blast!! .... I didn't think so... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So gimme some more feedback. What body of water (or sprinkler system) do we want to be near???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Don't be shy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marv

14. Seventy4Blazer

marvs swimming pool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    but i wont be able to make this one. sorry guys.
    Grant

15. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Saguaro Lake sounds good to me! nice now or if you guys want to all go tubing down the river I have over 30 tubes and a river box with a cd player /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif then we coulkd go to Saguaro Lake or butcher jhones for evining wheelin /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

im down for what ever, i missed out on the one there was a couple years back at ASU.

18. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am up for any of the afore mentioned ideas. I might have to drive the Jeep though if it is anything within the next 2 weeks or so /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. My K5 is still down for the count until I get the money for the new 700R4. I am almost all the way there though. Should only be one or two more paychecks till I am at my needed fundage.

I just really want to meet everyone that I haven't met yet and see all the stuff everyone I have met has done since I been gone. I hope that I can have my truck done before we meet though. I have made a few improvements since anyone has seen it. (except Fred).