Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ regs on combining VIN #'s (body/chasis)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by blazenwhip, Feb 15, 2007.

1. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know what the AZ regulations or laws are when combining two different vehicles (diff VINs) into one complete vehicle? ie: Different VIN Cab on a chasis with a diff VIN.

Dustin

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I doubt they would look at the frame unless your in a bad accident and kill someone , or its from out of state or salvage and they need to do an inspection .

Previously registered vehicles in state just need emissions ( where applicable ) , late fees , and title and registration fees . NO inspection needed unless salvage or out of state .

Thats what I WAS going to do , reg my truggy as the body .

3. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

I think that's a safe bet

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I just got my VIN verified at the MVD (out of state truck). They checked the dash and the drivers door. You can have them re-vin the vehicle to match the body if you want. It gets hard to explain to the counterperson at the MVD why you need it revin'd w/o sounding like it is stolen.

Disclaimer - only do the MVD thing if both vin # are in your name and you have the title.

Me, I wouldn't worry about it and just do the paper work as the body.

5. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

Im with Matt(az-k5) on this one i have had 3 different cabs on my truck. i just did the paper work on the cab and it was all good.

6. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Problem can come up if not properly registered. If the truck was stolen, stopped and investigated for something or involved in a wreck, insurance and LE would have red flags. LE can take and impound the car just because VIN's (hidden and public) don't match without accompanying paperwork/MVD records.

I would have MVD record what needs to be recorded and be done with it. There are a lot of custom cars that have been "put together" and whole bunch of stolen ones that have been pieced together.

just my $0.02

7. rhino105amx

rhino105amx 1/2 ton status

8. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

This link may or may NOT provide you information. Don't rely on this site to provide you with absolute accuracy just because the website states "Not reported stolen as of this date."

The information on the site is limited: