Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AZ rental condos.....

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Can Can, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey, brothers, the mother-in-law was looking into finding a rental condo somewhere in AZ so they can plan a trip down there next winter. Unfortunately, the only deals they could find online were in the range of $1500 USD a week, which is way out of their budget. Do any of you AZ boys have a connection with a vacation rental company, or know of any better deals out there?

Just so you know, I actually LIKE my mother-in-law, so please avoid suggesting the local roach motel....:rotfl:

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

depending on how many bedrooms, and the location of the unit, you are going to be looking at about 800-1200 on average.for these, the people around here are considering these just like an actual home for some reason :rolleyes:

can't answer much more on your question though, sorry.

3. Can Can

Well, $800-1000 a week would probably be in their price range. Got any links I can forward to the old gal?

4. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

Let me see what I can find out at work tomorrow. I work in sun lakes, which is a retirement comunity. There are a ton of snowbirds there, and I think there are some winter rental houses. It is just south of chandler.

5. Can Can

Thanks, Jason. I appreciate any info you can come up with. :thumb:

6. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure you could rent an actual house here in Lake Havasu City for that. My cousin rents a house for $750 a month.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

For a grand a week , I will stay at my in laws and rent my place out :p:;)

8. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Bah, everything is overpriced in winter. Summer brings the good deals :thumb:.

Buuutttt, if she isn't into saving money by altering her vacation schedule, I would look into finding a time-share that is available for the time she wants to visit. Sometimes the people who had the use of the unit at a particular time can't use it so they will rent it out. Some friends of ours from the frozen tundra of the mid-west used to come out here/Lake Havasu City and that is what they did and with a little shopping managed to pull down some pretty good deals.

Worse comes to worse, there's always the Log Cabin Motel down on Van Buren. Probably have some good rates, but I've never been there, so I'm not sure about roaches. I heard on the radio that they don't rent rooms by the hour anymore.....can't be all bad :dunno:

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Funny you should mention that.

When the 'America's Cup' boat race came to San Diego in '88, I had friends renting out their house and boats to media and sports people the whole time the race was in town. They made a killing!

10. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

For a grand a week, I'll sleep in my trailer, and she can have my house with solar heated pool, free tour, and an oil change/tire rotation. I'll even throw in the two cute little kids. They're quite entertaining.:deal:

11. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

My realator has a condo he rents out short term. It's centrally located. I've never scene it. But here's his info...

Ron Baumann, Bus: 602-997-7324, Cell: 602-499-4954, ron_azrealestate@hotmail.com (there's a line inb/t ron_az)

Just mention my name (I don't get a referal bonus or anything) He's like family I've been good friends with his children.

Good luck! Dustin

12. Can Can

Thanks for all the replies, guys. If anyone has any other suggestions or info, feel free to post up.

Dustin: I got ahold of your realtor and it sounds like he's got a line on a few different places. Thanks for passing on his number!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

For a grand we'll throw in food!:D

14. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

I would say sun lakes is out of the question, I went and got some info, and a furnished 2 bedroom goes anywhere from 2400 to 3500 a month. I don't know how they get away with that. But you might even look into green valley, down south of tucson, it's a nice community.

15. Can Can

Jason, I don't think $2400 is too out of line for an entire month. I'm gonna be talking to the old girl this evening and I'll get a better idea of what they're looking for. Thanks, brother!!!! :waytogo:

16. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I know there's some short term rental homes available out here in Queen Creek. But depending on what she wants to do, they aren't centrally located. Plenty of golf courses around though, and they'd probably be new homes and on the cheap, if you want more info pm me and I'll try to dig it up for you.

17. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

ok then, I did get a packet from the rental agency, if you want it get me your address and i'll ship it to you. the 2400 said it was utilities included too.

18. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Craigslist :whistle:

:D

19. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Really, dang they have everything!

20. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Did you ever find anything? The reason I ask is that my girlfriend has a town house that she'd rent out. It's for sale, but with the market right now...it's not selling.

Dustin