Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Azusa- THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Headbanger, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to drop a major THANK YOU to all those So. Ca. Big Dawgs that helped me out at Azusa. For awhile I thought there was going to be a very large towing bill or worse, a stuck truck. I'm still trying to learn everyones names so I'm just Going to leave this a blanket THANK YOU because I don't want to leave anyone out. Hope to see you all again soon! You're great people!
    Tom

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

So how was the ride home? What was your top speed.
    Hope you get that fixed quibkly. Is it sade to say that you won't be at the April 20th clean-up?/forums/images/icons/frown.gif I don't think I'm gonna make it either but that's a whole other story./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. Headbanger

The ride home went smoothly. I figured it was already limpin' so I took it easy comin home. I hit 70 going down hill a couple of times but tried to keep it at 60 when possible. I've already possibly got a line on a 14 bolt. (POSSIBLY) we'll see what happens. Thanks again for all the help!

4. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Hey everything was great except that I couldn't wheel with the big boys, I think my torque converter is going out, but one of my friends that was there yesterday told me to service the tranny so I'll start with that, by the way Esteban I forgot to give you the money for the small stickers just let me know where to send it and I'll send it out, hey headbanger definetelly go with the 14 bolt you wont be sorry, but the good thing is that you made it home safe that's all that matters.

5. Esteban86K5

Glad it went smoothly. MAN 60? That's pretty damn fast for FWD. Good to hear about the 14bolt. Let me know if you need the parts to convert the front end. I may be able to get them for you cheap.

6. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Tom,

I know a place that has a 14 bolt for real cheap according to my friend. He is a trucker, and there is a yard out in Fontana where he goes to get parts - they have a 14bff there that the guy doesn't know what to do with (the rest of the stuff is all big rig stuff). Let me know if you are interested, I will get the guy's number for you from my buddy Steve...

7. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Go for it headbanger, hey keith if headbanger doesn't want this 14 bolt I do, I just replaced mine to a 14 sf but after seeing what happened to headbanger yesterday I think I want the 14 ff just in case I brake a c-clip my tire wont come off.

8. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I'll get the guy's number from Steve, whoever wants it can have it...I think it is even the van 14bff, so that you would have the same track width front and rear!

9. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Cool let me know thanks.

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

The place is called Astro Equipment Sales and is out in Etiwanda. Their number is (909)899-2033...ask for Jeff, I think he is the owner. He will probably not know what you are talking about at first, since everything in the yard is heavy truck equipment...the 14 bolt just ended up there somehow...describe it to him and I'm sure he will remember it.

Hopefully it is something that could work for either of you guys...

11. Esteban86K5

Re: Azusa- THANK YOU *DELETED*

Post deleted by Esteban86K5

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

My pasanger side tire is flat now...I noticed it going down and put a jackstand under the axle to hold it when all the air had leaked out.

13. Headbanger

For right now I think i'm just gonna put my ring gear back in the diff. and run open til I find out for sure about the 14b. I forgot to ask the guy if it was full floater. It's a 6 lug unit. I should still be able to make the 20th, but I'll be running open in both ends.

14. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

If Its a 6 lug then it should be a semifloater, which would still be better than a 12 bolt but not as good as a full floater, BUT you wouldn't have to buy new wheels, pro, con, pro con, weigh the options and go with what will be best for you. And BTW for those interested, the Ecology on Lomita, in wilmington had three or four truck FF14Bs and a couple Van FF14Bs when i was there today, and it looked like they would be putting down another 20 trucke tomorrow. (Wed is change day at the Junkyard for those that didn't know)

15. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I finally got some pictures up from Azusa, some stuck pictures and broken parts but it was fun hope to see you all next time.

16. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Sweet pics Juan! I will have to make the next trip out there!

17. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

yeah man it was fun.

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

GREAT PICS! Loads of fun! Can't wait to do it again!

19. Esteban86K5

Thanks for inviteing me LELAND!! I did have the day off today.

Tom, I too know of a guy with a SF 6 lug if your interested. But then again, if you break the axle for any reason, your gonna be in the same boat. Maybe the FF will be your best bet. Only thing is that you will have to convert the front. But the FF will only be about $95 and your gears will already match. (You've got 4:10's right?) With that many in the yard I'm sure we can find your ratio.

20. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Hey Esteban you know where I can get a 14 bolt ff for cheap? I called the guy that kpanza said but he wants $250 for it, I think it's a little high and plus if I need to rebuild it I'm gonna end up spending too much money please let me know, thanks.