Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

B.B.Q. In the Pacific NW Rain

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chevit, May 3, 2003.

1. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Well I have to say that I never really quite BBQ'en since last summer. I probably BBQ 5-6 nights a week. How about you guys???

Tonights menu:

BBQ'ed Pork Loin stuffed with garlic and green peppers marinated in balsomic vinager

Oven roasted red potatoes with butter, onions.

Corn on the cobb...

Whats on your menu, hope it is not meatloaf soup /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I just got done BBQ'ing up some elk steaks marinated in crushed garlic and vinegar

I even bbq'ed the baked potatoes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Some steamed brocc and cauliflower with butter and honey

We BBQ like you, rain or shine just about every nite of the week.....hell, even thankgiving and christmas dinners we bbq the bird giving it that smoked taste /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh so good

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i like to just don't do it as much as i would like to /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Taco Bell. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I grill about 5 times a week as well. Less messy, food tastes better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Some steamed brocc and cauliflower with butter and honey

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to try that... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

oh its good....and when you serve it, sprinkle a tash of garlic salt on it....mmmmmmmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

No cooken with the fatman in this house /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No cooken with the fatman in this house

[/ QUOTE ]
    Amen to that Brother. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Well even though I live in Ca I live the closest to the Or boarder than anyone else not to mention Im only 30 min from the coast as the crow flies so We get a lot of rain around My area as well. So as I'm writing this the bar-b is warming up in the rain. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Steamin BBQ... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Steamin BBQ...

[/ QUOTE ]
    All winter long Brother. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Nothing better then a cold winter evening, BBQ is a cooking and the neighbors peeking there heads out there doors trying to figure out where the good smell is coming from when its 32* outside /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    No cooken with the fatman in this house /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You don't know what you're missing then. No, not everything I cook is different. I do enjoy BBQing steaks out on the grill. It's been raining for the last 10 days, so I haven't been able to BBQ. I'm planning on BBQing some chicken when the sky stops pissing on us here in western SD. But I do make myown BBQ sause.

14. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Maybe the probelm is you are not BBQ'en in the rain, dont wait... go for it... it has to be better than meatloaf soup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It raihs here 360 day a year /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe the probelm is you are not BBQ'en in the rain, dont wait... go for it... it has to be better than meatloaf soup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It raihs here 360 day a year /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I wouldn't be able to get the grill started, raining too heavily. Besides, my Meatloaf soup tastes alot better then it sounds. Had some for lunch today, it keeps getting better and better the more times you reheat it.

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's been raining for the last 10 days, so I haven't been able to BBQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Rookie. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Tonight............ <font color="red"> RIBS </font> /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Tonight..........Rib eye's
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've had a big roast on the BBQ all day long today, should be ready in about an hr /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif indirect heat, cooking in its own juices /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rib eye..........season liberally and dip in a mix of sour cream and lots of horseradish...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif