Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

B!*CH in front of Wal-Mart.......... Why oh why didnt I drive the K-5 ?????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Dec 20, 2002.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I am walking into Wally World and there is this tent set up that you MUST trip through to get into the store, yep you guessed it, it is another of the 3 charity's that are set up like snipers in the dawn of this robust ( puke ) economy. anywhoo, it is pouring rain, im tired and stressing over the TINY amount I have to spend on those I love.
    As I trip through this sniper tent, the lady starts telling me her pitch, and I say
    " Sorry, I cant donate, but good luck."
    but she didnt like that and she yells
    " You not nice Mr."

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifOk, so i aks myself,
    "self, should I ? yes I should /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif"
    so I turn around and begin to chat with her and I ask whats the charity for?? she says its for the less fortunate. I ask in what way in life are these folks unfortunate? she says they dont have much money, NOTTTT homeless, just less money /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.
    I ask her where I can sign up since Im not less fortunate, IM BROKE. she said I was selfish!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    at that point I was beginning to feel she wasnt too cool, so I told her
    " look lady, i will donate.... as allways.... to the womens shelters, but not to the LESS fortunate since I am one of them, and i CANT even get on the list /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif she again says Im not nice and selfish in a nasty way, so I said screw it and complained to the Manager and said I shouldnt have to be insulted like 4 times to get INTO the store /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif they were NICE when I left /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif go figure. I SHOULD HAVE JUST RAN OVER THE TENT...

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I agree with your point of view. Define "less fortunate". 9 times out of 10 the REAL PEOPLE who are down on their luck are very proud and humble people. These are usually the people who take spot labor jobs to feed their family rather than stand at a busy intersection with a sign saying "Need Help.....Praise Jesus.....God Bless.......Long Live Buddah...Etc." The folks who stand there with a sign are LAZY. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

As far as the numerous charity organizations that prey upon holiday shoppers............here is a hint /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. Get legitimate people who genuinely care about your charity organization. Don't put a bum in a Santa suit and give him a bell to ring (which they usually look like they are either having a seizure or trying to flick a booger off their hand rather than ring the bell /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) and expect people fill the can with our money. And by the way.......If we are shopping at "WAL-MART DISCOUNT CITY" , chances are that we are on a budget and can not really afford to give much $$$$ to charity /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. (Count the number of Hummers, Bentley, Cadillac and BMW's you see in the parking lot and compare to numbers spotted at Malls and Outlet Stores.)

I am not against Red Cross, Salvation Army or anything like that. I know these organizations depend on contributions for various programs.

Sorry for the rant................... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That stuff drives me batty. Bums begging on the street is one thing, I almost have compassion for them, but these people that stand outside somewhere to ask you to donate really burn me up.
    I've actually been very fortunate in the last year, but I'm not throwing my money into a pot and nt know where it's going. I've seen people working the pot pull a buck or so out for coffee, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna support that.

I almost explode when I walk into the dump of a KMart in my town, and there's some dips%%tselling newspaper subscriptions, or trying to get me to get my daughter fingerprinted or something, like I'm a bad father if I don't. 've actually stopped going to that store because someone's selling something at the door every time you walk in.

I'm usually very rude to those people, just because they make me so angry the way they try to manipulate through guilt, and force you to encounter them by basically blocking the entrance.

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

exactly.......

perfect example, red cross, and the $$$$$$$$ from 9-11 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

ill never forgive or FORGET THAT ONE /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I wonder what thet lady would think if you set up a charity tent in front of theirs.

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

A quick story for ya. My wife's grandmother gave $150 EVERY year to the Salvation Army. She had done it for like 25 years or something. Even when she was old and didn't have as much money, she still gave $150. So let me see, that is 25 years x $150 = $3750. Not too shabby. When Hurricane Floyd came through, her house was flooded. She has Alzeimers(sp?) and they could barely get her out of the house before it flooded. She lost everything, including her clothes. My mother-in-law and her sisters called the Salvation Army to see if they could help because she didn't even have any shoes to wear. What did she get? A check for $10 for some shoes. Damn if I give them a PENNY anymore!

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I do not give to the arogant a-holes at the store front for just that reason. Where is my money going, fine you have a Salvation army sign, or Am. veterans BFD.
    I mail my donations directly to the source, and that is only after doing some major research on them. I will however donate clothes and food to the store front A-holes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Not to sound like an A-hole myself but I hate this time of year for just these reasons. I do not blame them, seeing how 95% of people forget about them the rest of the year. I just don't like the way they decide to go about it. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

tell the silly bitch to go back to Berkly.