Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

B&M floor mounted shift - Which one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 45acp, Sep 10, 2003.

1. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I am about to change steering column in my 1980 and want to replace the column mounted shift for the TH350 on the floor. Which B&M shifter has worked best for you? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I havent seen one up close but I am going to go with the light truck ratchet shifter. It is the same fast shifter you can find in many pumped musclecars just with a taller base. It is available from summit. There is also shifters from Lokar that are pretty cool.... looks like a standard shifter with a mini piston on top that is optional, they come in different lengths.

-------------------
    85K5 3/4ton,14boltFF,10bolt,9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14welds, big horse 406SBC/700R-4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have seen both the light truck shifter and the regular one found in cars in trucks depends on where you want your shifter at might want to look at dimensions of both.....Jason

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I use the B&M light truck megashifter. Have it in two K5's. Looks and works great.

John

5. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I've also got the B&M light truck megashifter. It works great. You can adjust the height to however you like it. Up to the max that is.

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Got with the Art Carr Gate Shifter, it is super sweet and cable operated. You can mount it on the door panel if you wanted to. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I second the Art Carr... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Im putting a new column in my truck and changing back to the column [I love Jeeps] for a B&M rachet shifter If I get it done soon I will take a pic of it and If you want it I paid 40 for the new shift linkage for my truck so I will let the rachet shifter go for that if the shipping isnt bad I will pay for the ride. I will pm you when its out of my truck I hope to do it this week but it seems like I never get to do what I want to do any more work just keeps me to busy
    Earl