Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

B&M shift improver kit

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90idahoblazer, Jun 24, 2001.

1. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

Hello everyone, first time user. I just purchesed a B&M shift improver kit for my 90 balzer w/700R4. just wondering if anyone had some pos or neg inputs on this product. Thanks upfront for the inputs. This site is awsome. Keep it going!

2. fatdog

fatdog Registered Member

Hey, from one stranger to another. I'm a newby also, and yes this site is awsome. You will find a tremedous wealth of great info here. Concerning your ?, I have never personally used the shift improver kit, but my friend who builds trannys just recently told me this is a good upgrade for the money. BTW, what part of Idaho. Southeastern for me.

Self and Spouse Proclaimed GM Junkie
    She thinks I'm Sick and... She's Right

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Welcome abord.
    When doing the shift kit pull the valve body off slowly! There are some check balls in there (instructions said 5 but I had 3). I droped one and didn't know where to put it (I guessed and it worked). Don't go for the 2nd stage use the 1st stage. I have the 2nd stage in my s-10 w/ 700R4 and it is too much. Bolts fall out (have lost 1 for the tranny mount, 1 for the tail housing, and 2 from under the dash that I have yet to find where they came from, along with countless other hand tight ones). You may want to post this on the 73-91 board as more people there have done this.

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

4. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

Fatdog....
    I live in mountian home

5. fatdog

fatdog Registered Member

So, your an Elmore guy, ok. Well I'm a Caribou guy. About 5 hrs. away.

Rob

Self and Spouse Proclaimed GM Junkie
    She thinks I'm Sick and... She's Right