Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

B&M shift improver kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jamie, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Jamie

Jamie Registered Member

Just looking for some feedback if anyone has used one of these kits and if so which one should I use stage 1 RV & Towing or stage 2 street & strip. The tranny is a TH350 any info would be appriciated thanx.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have had one in my chevelle and one in my blazer. didnt like it as much as the trans-go shift kit. for 4x4,ing you just need the 1st stage. unless you are pushing A LOT of HP and are a mud bog guy. then a stage 2 is good. stage 2 is VERY firm. stage one is better for the trans and you dont notice it too much over stock.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

When my tranny was rebuilt they put a shift kit in, and it helps. I am not sure what kit it is though.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I have used that kit in the past and was happy with it. I did the stage 1. It firmed the shifts up. If I still had an automatic I would definatly put in a shift kit.

<font color=red> It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it</font color=red>

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

This my opinion, but I wouldn't buy crap from B&amp;M. I think there stuff is junk. I have tried a lot of their products in a lot of different vehicles in the past and nothing but problems one way or another... either unhappy with the install, unhappy with the performance, or both. In direct reference to the shift kits... they do some stuff but they also miss some stuff and the direction are gonna be pretty confusing to some of the shade trees.. IMO the trans-go kit is the way to go. You get really good instructions and a video.There are a number of other brands out there as well. But that is my $.02 worth.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm with the Capt. on this one. Last TH350 kit I put in was a B&amp;M, all TH400 Trans Go kits before that. After pondering B&amp;M's instructions for an hour, still got one piece in wrong. (and that was with two of us trying to figure out what they had written) Overwhelming majority of people and trans shops I know (including myself now) use Trans Go exclusively.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I run the stage 2 shift kit in my 10 second Firebird. It has a TH400 though.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>