Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

B&M Shift improver

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by devilsquid, May 6, 2004.

1. devilsquid

devilsquid Registered Member

Not sure who else out there has installed this but I put one in my 700r4 and it does make a big difference in the tranny's performance. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Although, putting the valve body back in by myself was a pain in the a$$.....

PJ

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i think that the hardest part is getting the gasket off the seperator plate /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. devilsquid

For the most part the gasket came off pretty easy except in a few spots. I used a peice of 26 guage sheet metal that I ground down to scrape it off. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Never put one in a 700r4, but installed a few in TH350's. Does the one for the 700r4 have 3 options ??? I always went with option 3, and you could feel the difference with them.

5. devilsquid

no....just 2, street/strip or Heavy duty. The street/strip option replaces the accumulator springs with spacers for much harder shifts. I went with the Heavy Duty and the shifting is much firmer than it was. Big difference.

6. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i did the street strip cause my springs were broken... i haven't noticed the difference i was looking for, but the firm shift may be absorbed in the 42's