Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

B&M SuperCooler 28000 for 700R4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BettyBurb, Jul 22, 2003.

1. BettyBurb

BettyBurb Registered Member

I am putting a B&M SuperCooler 28000 GVW in line with the trans cooler in the radiator. I am mounting the SuperCooler with the fittings facing to the passenger side. Should I connect the line coming from the top fitting on the radiator to the bottom or the top fitting on the cooler ?

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yes the top line on the radiater should go to the cooler...with a rubber hose provided..and then another hose coming from the other side of the cooler..back to the cooler line on the radiater... i just put a 24,000 super cooler in a week ago /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. BettyBurb

OK,
    now I am still wondering if the line going into the cooler should be at the bottom or the top. In other words should the fluid flow up from the bottom of the cooler to the top and then out to the transmission or flow from the top to the bottom and then out to the tranny ???

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I run it in at the bottom and out at the top. That's the way the cooler inside the radiator is plumbed, so I just do the same with the external cooler. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. BettyBurb

That makes sense, to do it the same as the cooler in the radiator.

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The top line on the radiator is the return line from the cooler. The fluid flows up the radiator cooler. This keeps the fluid in contact with the cooler longer as it is pushed to the top. The external cooler should get the fluid last as air cooling is not as good as the fluid cooling. Feed in the bottom, out the top, unless its a cross-flow type.