Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baby seats in a K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigchief427, Jun 19, 2004.

1. bigchief427

bigchief427 Registered Member

Looking to buy a late 80's or 90-91 k5. Wondering if anybody has carried the youngins in them. Is puttin a baby seat in the back a beyotch?

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's a pain lifting them up and squeezing them begind the pass seat. Other than that not a real big deal /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I had a 79 K5 and now own a 85 k5 that my son has been going off road in sence he was 6 months old. He is now 2 years old. Other than the pass seat being a pain my son love riding in daddies truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

No problems here either.

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I haul my kids in mine all the time. I used to have 3 seats in the back, but my oldest now is old enough to not need one so I use 2 seats and 3 kids now.

7. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I havent had a problem the seat in mine is in the center of the back seat and i dont mess with the pass seat as i dont have a console so i just step where the console would be it wasnt to hard to set it up on the back seat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

My nephew has been riding in mine since he was 8 months old and as soon as I think my daughter is string enough (probably around 6 months) she will be back there with him.
    I've never had a top on, so getting him in the back has never been a problem. A minor amount of athletesism or one helpfull person should be enough to get a kid in the back seat of a k-5 anyway...

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I've been driving this since my little guy was 1. He's 4 now. Plenty of room for 3 kids and all their gear in the backseat. My truck is lifted, so I would set them up in, then jump in the back seat and buckle them up. Not exactly convenient, but tolerable and *fun*. This picture was from a wheeling trip last month:
    [​IMG]

10. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

i've thought about getting a kiddo seat permanently mounted in place of the console. one of the seat companies like beard of mastercraft makes a kiddo sized version of their suspension seat that i think might fit.

11. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a cool idea. you could kind have a sort of prerunner third seat setup. My 2 year old rides in the back, I sit him in the front seat, then I climb up and lift him into his seat which is placed behind me. He loves the truck, sometimes I sit him in the seat when I need to work on stuff and he just sits there and makes comments and looks at what I'm doing. I think he will be a future K5 member. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I did it when my daughter was about 5 months old till she was out of a car seat..... you learn how to do it easly....

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We've hauled the twins in the back since they were younger than one. Been wheelin many times and they love it. It is kinda a pain gettin them buckled in but once you get the hang of it, it ain't so bad.