Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

baby turtle pictures

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, May 8, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

took these sunday at the park with my friend and his son. I'm not in any of the pictures, but theres a few cool pics of the turtle we caught.
    http://www.ck5junk.com/turtle/
    [​IMG]

2. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I remember when mine were that size.....just wait if you're planning on keeping them. Those suckers will grow BIG fast!! I'll grab some pictures tonight

3. Mikey von

Mikey von 1/2 ton status

If you plan on keeping it, prepare for a pond in 5-7 years. My wife got a turtle about that size when she was in college (before we met). Last year I had to build her (Leo, the turtle - same kind as yours - red eared slider) a 450 gal above ground pond. She is just shy of a foot long and probably 25-30 lbs. The pond is 6 feet x 4 feet x about 3 feet deep and it still seems too small. Now that we moved out of the valley and into the Mtns. where it gets cold, I get to build Leo a greenhouse to put her big ass pond in. Aren’t turtles fun?

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

we let him go, but my friend was way bummed, he wanted to keep it

5. Mikey von

Mikey von 1/2 ton status

It looks like you released her

Well, I looked at the pictures more closely and it looks like you are not keeping her. Cool! They are fun but I always see parents getting them for little kids and they comment how cute and small they are. I sometimes just laugh espically when they do not want to listen about how quickly these guys get big.

Good looking boy tooo.

Michael

PS. the turtle has great markings.