Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back and slightly sunburned

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Mar 14, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

god-do-mighty, i leave you children alone for 10 days and you make 2051 new posts in the lounge while im gone?!

miss me? didnt think so. anyway, i JUST got back from the bahamas, and i figured i might drop in and say "hey ya'll" before i head into town and get some sweet tea. did you know that the lack thereof can ruin a perfectly good bahamian surf trip? pics when i get em developed /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for reminding me that I live in hell...... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. thezentree

haha, as if your signature helps /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

i dont understand how anyone could live in a place that doesnt have at least two of the following:
    a) have a large body of water nearby
    b) get above 80 degrees for at least 6 months of the year
    c) have a large body of water that is at least 70 degrees for at least 5 months of the year

canadia? oh how i pity you /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'm with you man! It started pounding here a couple hours ago and we have got about 6" so far /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. The good thing is I'm heading to the Virgin /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Islands next month so I don't care /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. So how are the Bahamas these days? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. thezentree

Bahamas good, Nassau bad. DEVIL!!!! avoid that place like the plague. we actually stayed on a little island off of Abaco (marsh harbour). lots of friends there, and the last couple of days we were there, it was overhead surf. then we went to the Atlantis resort in Nassau. yuck. did you know they close the beach? i didnt know that was legal. but the close the beach at 4pm. that kinda signaled me to the fact that this place is the devil. then we had dinner and they had fire dancers. at that point, i headed back to the room after a cold, $80 dinner. our $400 room was not at ALL better than a $50 holiday inn room, the view was terrible, and there was a wedding reception right outside that was blaring MJ music all night long. i think that it's quite possible that we spent close to $1500 at Atlantis for that one night. $8 hot dog, anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

like i said, pics when i get em. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

so...did u get to do any surfing? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. thezentree

hahaha, yea i did surf. nassau left a bad taste in my mouth, and i felt the need to bitch a little /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

we went out a couple of times. mostly it was chest high the days we paddled out. i got some pretty nice rides (and discovered that my new 6'1 has more float, speed, and ride than my 6'4). my sister got pushed into some rocks and tore some holes in the bottom of her new 6'4 al merrick /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif.

oh, and sea urchins blow. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif