Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back From BB04

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by miniwally, Oct 4, 2004.

1. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Made it back home about 9:30 last night. The people were good the trails were tough and very little sleep was had.
    The ORD crew ran Behind the Rocks with a group Fri. While the AZ crew did Pritchet. Everything went smooth and we all made it to the BBQ for some drinks and food. The raffle was fun Steve Fox got a bunch of greif for not being able to bring the UAV down.
    Sat. the ORD crew ran Pritchet and Dirk led another group on cliffhanger. I think the AZ crew did Hells revenge.
    Pritchet turned into the worst day as far as length of time on the trail and number of broken rigs and severity of breaks. We had about 15 rigs on the trail. Six of them broke, 1 broke twice. The worst breakage was Stephens blazer front axle tube twisting. We did some sientific winching and battery welding and got it back up and running in short order. The other stuff was broke front axle stuff and a couple of front drive shafts.
    Sun. the Ord crew was on Upper Heldorado, Dirk led a group on Poison Spider to Golden spike/Goldbar rim. We saw Dirks group comng back into town at about 6:00 as we were leaving. It looked as though it was a good day with no major issues. The AZ. crew did something but I don't know what. Upper was great. We got Jasons (willyswanter) Crewcab long bed truck through with minor problems in the grand scheme of things. Sandman broke his front pinion on the water fall and that took saome extra help from a few nice J**ps that had driven around the top to watch. Once Sandman was out we made short work of winching all but one over the waterfall. I was able to drive the waterfall unassisted. That Kicked Ass...
    Had a great time and hope to see picks soon. Thanks to all that came, huge thanks to all that donated, bigger thanks to Dean Bennet for driving a suburban that doubles as a parts store. With out Deans extreme amount of stuff we all would have suffered more on Pritchet.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hope everyone had a great time, it was fun to see how a lot of the rigs have evolved from Blazer Bash 01, hell even from last year. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thanks again to ORD for being a major sponsor again, they supplied the meat, the stuff that goes on the grille of course. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif They also had lots of caps and had a complete D60 hi-steer to give away at the raffle.
    I will be working on the pics this week.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wow sounds like a good time, despite the carnage. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

It was a blast! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I think all the gear oil from me just helped miniwally slid over the top.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I had a blast, way better than last year since I sat broke the whole time... This year I got to wheel the whole time and ran with the hard core crew the whole time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm still waiting on pics of me on the waterfall on upper hell /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

And if not for the training wheels (stock location nerf bars) on wally, he'd have come up the UHD last 'fall too. Time to re-fabricate. At least I didn't have to winch from the bottom. Getting spanked by the rockpile (and my own lack of throttle discretion) sucked. Coming right down to it, I was just happy to be wheeling Upper Helldorado at all, given the previous day's carnage.
    Other than the extreme lack of sleep, it seemed like a good time for all involved. I'm not sure how to wheel all day, wrench for a little while and talk to everyone and still get a good night's sleep. Seems impossible so far. Oh well, that's what this week is for.

Time for someone to get some pics up.....

7. CK5

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Check the main page. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. willyswanter

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Check the main page. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever drives that white truck that's in the first pic is a dumbass for taking it on that trail, he'll never fit /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. CK5

That reminds me of a joke, did you here the one about the man with five penis's? His pants fit like a glove. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think the funniest part was when Beck got stuck and he yells "Just somebody ram me in the a$$!". Nobody was interested in the job. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. willyswanter

Someone said they got that on video but I don't remember who /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And if not for the training wheels (stock location nerf bars) on wally, he'd have come up the UHD last 'fall too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my truck was maybe 6" longer wheelbase, 1000#'s lighter and a foot lower, it might have made it also. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SMACK.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. willyswanter

[ QUOTE ]
    And if not for the training wheels (stock location nerf bars) on wally, he'd have come up the UHD last 'fall too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and if I had 6 feet less wheelbase and 6000 pounds less weight and 3 feet narrower I would have gone right up too /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. CK5

Yeah, and if I would have had the UAV with me... I still woudn't have made it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was able to drive the waterfall unassisted. That Kicked Ass...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif!!

Way to go Brandon... That's amazing!

Marv

17. willyswanter

[ QUOTE ]
    I was able to drive the waterfall unassisted. That Kicked Ass...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but then it took you like 7 tries to get up the little 30" ledge 20 feet away /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It was not 30" it was way more like 32". /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Besides I wasn't the best driver in the world at that point.

I never expected that I was going to come up that easy. I really planned to give it one or two half a$$ attempts then winch. My first attempt was not as half a$$ed as I thought and when it was all said and done I was sitting on the top of the Waterfall.

19. seandiego619

seandiego619 Registered Member

Two things to say... That trip blew my mind and everyone was very cool.

20. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Excellent, congrats Brandon! <bow>

So how did your first "half assed" unassisted climb go? Just line up on the notch and "roll in" firmly? Next stop, crack whore adrenalin rush! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif