Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from Blazer Bash

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Storm Trooper, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Well, made it home ok and I'll put some pictures up as soon as I catch up on sleep from partying with you guys. I had a short but awesome time.
    Thanks for all the fun. :thumb:

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Rolled into the house about 7:15 last night.

As always the trip was fun, the people were great and the wheeling went well.
    Even though I had to sit out most of saturday because of my own antics and breaking things I was able to get fixed and back running relativly easy and quickly.

I don't have any pics but I know that the people that take a bunch of video and Pics should be back home today or tommorrow.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I actually felt the twinges of post trip let down this morning, so I know it was a good time. As always we could have used some more sleep but that's to be expected.
    I do wish I'd been able to see some more people there, I barely said hi to the Ariz. contingent, saw marv's buggy on the trailer only, and only from a distance, and who knows who else we missed.
    Brief rundown of events:
    Friday - ran Hell's Revenge with a large group, lots of fun had by all, Brandon and I did one climb we'd never done before, he and willyswanter made me look stupid coming out of the carwash, and we all made it back in time for the BBQ. Other than taking a bath in the ATF/Gas/rubber/who knows what water in the escalator, I had a great time.
    Sat - Big group of us went into pritchett, 15-18 vehicles, depending on the additions and attrition. Just about everyone climbed the rocker knocker but the casualties started from there. Knowing that we were coming back down the trail, a few stopped on the hill before the rockpile, a few stopped at the bottom of the rockpile, some stopped above the rockpile, and 4-5 of us topped out. Overall it was OK since everyone could just fall into the group on the way out. I think the only ones coming up the rockpile were willyswanter (Jason), Dirk, myself, and Dave Cowley. Dave's driving a bobbed K5 that's very conventional and still has the stock wheelbase. He's fun to watch and a great example of what you can do with a simple vehicle and some driving skills.
    Sunday - Brandon and I went into Coyote and some of the others went into Fins and things. I'm not sure where everyone else ended up but I know some packed up and drove home. We survived Coyote in pretty good shape, a few scratches and dents but nothing too serious.

My highlights were mostly steep climbs, the right side of the escalator, carwash, rock pile, straight up the rocker knocker, etc. Running Coyote was pretty cool too, that's a nasty trail that I had to work to get through. The recent changes to wally were effective, the steep ups and downs were way more stable than before. And the motor has a bit more than the old one.

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup thats pretty much what happened! But you forgot me loosing my nuts on pritchet and that small thing about your dad and I taking a couple detours on the way down moab rim :D :crazy:

5. Stephen

I figure trail carnage will be worth it's own post but you're right, I should have said something about your personal "how wedged can I get a crewcab" contest. That was impressive. I'll have to see if I took digicam pics or only film on that one.

6. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

And some guy in a Dodge :D

7. Stephen

Oh yeah, the dodge guy too.
    I forget, where was the dodge guy when we ran coyote?

8. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Wishing his buggy was done, and complaining about the weight and wheelbase on the Dodge. :D

I have buggy envy bad.

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Wheelin' with you was a blast . Sorry I was too tired to go to the Brewery :D

10. Storm Trooper

Thanks, It was fun wheel'in with you and the whole gang. I will be putting up some pictures tonight. I was glad to have a few new/old faces hang out with me later at night for some TARANTULA & stuff ;) . It seems to get to be more fun each year. Next year I hope to stay for a whole week!! :thumb:

11. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

We're finally back, with about 1.2 gigs of pictures to sift thru... and by the way, your old leftover 10-bolt short side axle assembly has now found a home in my front axle - details when I'm awake. Good 'wheeling with you, as always, best from Claudia

12. Storm Trooper

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Thanks again for the fun guys!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  13. pauly383

Hey dave , heres that little clip of you . Would of been better but I left the camcorder at home and the small one is too old to zoom video CLicky

14. Storm Trooper

Thanks Pauly!
    Seeing that makes me really hoopy ...ur.. I mean Happy :wink1:
    I wounder if that is where I put the twist in my driveshaft?
    It took a good bump to get up that and the more I see it, the more I wanna
    get the tools out of the back of my truck.

Here's a still of that climb after the deeper step. It doesn't look that big but it sure felt like it.
    [​IMG]

15. toy4fun

toy4fun 1/2 ton status

I see that you ran into Scotty :D I hope you guys did not scary him to much :eek1: I told him that he would have a blast if he made it down and it look like he did :woot: [​IMG]

16. pauly383

That mud truck worked pretty damn good in Moab , and didn't break a damn thing :D

17. Storm Trooper

I hung out with them alot. They had a awesome time and where pretty dam good drinkin buddies :D Tell them to get there pictures up!
    Dam, I can't belive that more people didn't post pictures :doah:

18. jms

Patience. I still don't know exactly how many and which pics of mine Stephen has used. If you want a CD with pics from our runs, please PM me your new mailing address... since you're moving...

Same for Scott, Max, and Toby; please send me your address.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  19. Storm Trooper

I don't close on the new house until Nov. 2nd so if you send something out soon, I should get it, no problem. I will also plan on forwarding my mail or keeping the PO box for a month if needed. I'll let you know when it gets close.
    I know about your deal, I was thinking about all the other people with cameras :rolleyes: .
    I guess everyone checked out my shots because last week, I had 3,700 views of my webshots pages :D .

20. jms

I've got it printed, hope to get it out next week, although I'm on the road right now...