Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from Bloomsburg 4x4 Jam

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Jul 15, 2001.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well we had a blast. Saw a bunch of 1 ton K5's. Also saw a couple with 2 1/2 Rockwells. There was over 3000 trucks there and a heck of alot more people. The best part was when we were leaving and near the gate we had to go out of there was an RTI ramp that guys were running up. Actually it was a 55 gallon drum setup but it worked. I took my last picture on the digital there of a Chevy pick up that was the only one that could get on top of the barrel. After him a couple of Fords tried and went just over half the way up. LOL. Then a flexy Jeep almost made it and then the best one a guy with a stock Bronco with a custom mural paint job. Well he hit the ramp and was about half way up and started to spin so the guy backs down and goes at it again balls to the wall and guess what, the passenger side now is custom dented with a broken window. When it went over it hit the back of a jeep on its way to the ground and it split the fiberglass top. He was ok and the truck has about $4000 in damage. Oh well my camera was full and couldn't get any pics of it. Will post a link to pics from the show tomorrow.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Sounds like fun, can't wait to see.
    If you can't make it, just gas it! (yeh right...)

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Did you see any "In Too Deep" guys/gals there?

And how about any CK5 stickers?

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey where the pics at??

Man, I wish I could've went. Sounds like yall had a great time. Bloomsburg sounded much better than Carisle. Maybe next year.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

5. Emmettology 101

Hey Boss, the 4 Wheel Jambo in Canfield, OH is on the 28th and 29th of this month!!! They have rock crawls there.

I have some pics on my site from last years show..

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

6. Emmettology 101

Opppss. Here is a direct link to my page on the 2000 Canfield pics we have:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101/canfield2000.htm>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101/canfield2000.htm</a>

7. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Bloomsburg SUCKED this year. They really ruined a quality redneck event. NO alcohol permitted in the fairgrounds. I saw a bunch of people get hauled out on Saturday. For the past two years, I never saw anything to suggest drinking was out of control, but I guess that's kind of related to point number two: If you get a DUI leaving the fairgrounds, everything is doubled (from what I heard). In town, they were carding EVERYONE at the bar (all the guys I went with were atleast 35), which sucks when your buddies don't have a license for one reason or another. The whole thing is going downhill - there used to be a big parade (of trucks) up main street on Sat. night. Last year that got changed to some Bigfoot aniversary thing. This year it was something in the fairgrounds that was only open to certain people. Oh yeah - they now have reserved seating. WTF? I didn't mind since I was a registered participant, but that's rediculous for everyone else - especially with the ticket prices they're charging at the gate. The only thing that impressed me there was a Scorpion/Sniper type rock buggy (I think Crusher is the name). That thing is decked out! What kind of RTI score does he get for crawling up a monster truck tire?
    I don't know who's responsible for this downward trend, but if this is the way it's going to be, I definitely WILL NOT go back next year - and I know alot of other people are of the same opinion.

<font color=blue>Rob
    85 K5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG] 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day - Coincidence?

8. Boss

Emmet,

Man, that looks cool as $hit man. I wish I could go. Maybe next year (broken record, I know). This has been one busy summer with all kinds of things going on. I haven't even worked on the truck or tinkered it since May!! [​IMG] Anyhow, you goin? Good luck if you do.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

9. Emmettology 101

Yep, I'll be there and hopefully competin!! Last year I made it almost far enough to qualify and got hung up. This year I am hoping ot qualify for Sundays main event.
    My Brother qualified for the main event on Sunday, but he forgot to check the u-bolts beofre we left and ended up bending two perches, busting a yoke(on rearend) and broke a u-bolt or two.. We could have had it ready for Sunday or he could have even used mine, but he decided to be a no show. :( His K5 is torn apart right and he has too many other projects lined up to be able to finish it. :(

Hopefully one of us will get to the mains Saturday.

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

In responce to the alcohol, yes alot of people were drinking and the ones that got out of hand got hauled off. It makes me wonder why the Saturday cruise is no more. I guess I am old enough to have fun without getting drunk and not making an ass out of myself like I saw alot of people doing. Did you ever sit back and think the whole thing is going downhill because of the way the people act. Hell just look at the reasons alot of places we wheel are closing down. Just something to think about.

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Donna will work on getting the pics up tonight. I am a little pissed with the camera because it had lost pics and some did not come out.

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I thought these truck shows are for FUN, not to go out and just party!!! I still have not made it to a show yet, but sure planning on one some day. I can tell you that if we do make it to a show some day, I do NOT plan on drinking or getting drunk because I will be there to have fun watching and viewing other trucks!!! These a$$holes who want to get drunk at shows like this should stay home or go to the local bar and stay there!!! Seeing drunk people takes the fun out of these kinds of truck shows. I sure don't want to run into or make a conversation with some drunk a$$ while looking at his truck! I want to be able to visit and have a nice chat with any owner of a truck and make new friends! Life is NOT all about beer, you know!!! [​IMG]

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

13. Boss

Wayne,

Cool man, will be looking forward for some pics. :)
    I'm glad yall had fun though.

Emmett, reminds me bro, I need to get some pics scanned and forward them to you...I totally forgot man....sorry, will try and do it some time this week.

Wayne and K30, I hear yall on the uncontrollable drunk Aholes that ruins stuff. Not everyone who boozes at these types of events are like that though. But I get yalls point and agree.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I am not saying not to drink, but just learn when enough is enough. When I went to the Carlisle show Boss was drinking on Saturday and I was drinking on Sunday but we were not acting like asses, we were being low key about it and not causing any problems.

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wayne, Boss, now that would be better! KNOWING when to stop and quit before becoming the a$$! I dont have a problem with having a beer or two (or three!), but just when people go trying to 'empty the keg', then things get out of hand! Yeah, I agree with you on this!!! If we could ever join up for a show, I would be more than happy to share a couple brewski's with you guys! [​IMG]

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

16. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating alcoholism here. I hate dealing with obnoxious stumbling drunks (especially ones operating huge trucks) as much as the next guy. I just thought it was BS that they completely prohibited alcohol in an event of this nature (read: redneck-fest). This used to be THE weekend to kick back and have fun (however you choose to do so), but sadly it looks like it's becoming a watered down yuppie-ized family event. Hey, I missed the Miss 4-Wheel Jamboree competition - is it still a bikini contest or did they switch to evening gowns?

<font color=blue>Rob
    85 K5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG] 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day - Coincidence?