Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from Memorial Day trip to Naches...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by TrcksR4ME, Jun 1, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Just back from the Naches trip...all I can say is body damage /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif It will be /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif now LOL. Both doors are beat to hell, both door handles are broken off, both side mirrors busted, both fenders dented, both quarter panels dented, both tail lights gone...but some how no broken glass, not sure how that worked out. My winch got used plenty as well, fun times haha.

Anyways, the trip was good, still some people not home yet, 4xrick threw a rod on Chinook pass and Last I heard Donimator was helping him with that. I threw a rear U-Joint on said pass and busted up my driveline. Leadfoot067 had a spare square tube shaft that I put on to get home, which was about 100 miles or so. Square shaft worked well up to 50 mph or so, I was impressed /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Might have done ok even faster, but I was taking it easy at that point.

Anywho, lots of broken parts all around, long night on the trail last night getting people back to camp. Good times /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I will post up some pics pretty soon. Too tired to give a full report but good times were had by all /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

I got 4xricks blazer back to my place at about 12:30 am. No issues with towing him down from the pass. I still feel bad about getting your blazer trashed Mike. If you want, bring it down here and we can chop and saw on our rigs as a team. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Haha, it was good times, I don't mind the damage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I will have to come your way some time anyways to bring back Shanes driveshaft so maybe we can do a wrench day. I have metal for rock sliders and I can bring the welder with me as well.

Also I am thinking about welding the [darn] out of the gov-lok and making it a spool, the traction would be nice and it is now basically a dedicated trail rig.

Glad you got Rick down without any problems and as far as my truck I didn't have any other problems after the driveshaft.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

PICS /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

I am now home and ready to get into bed thats for sure thank you everyone for all your help expessially dominator (you rock) I had an awesome time even know I blew up my motor I guess that just means it is time to build a better one and thanks for everyone being such a good sport with kobie and it being her firt time and all I am so looking forward to next year and hoping to have my other truck built by then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

I had a great time too, had to leave early cause my roommate said he got called in to work, probably had more to do with him making an ass out of himself late sat. night than work though. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. next time you guys go wheeling I'll be sure to have a new axle in mine so I can participate in the fun. Sorry to hear about you guys problems on the way home mike and rick.

-jake

7. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ya your roomate was quite funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ya your roomate was quite funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well, well, you all just don't know how to have fun unless you blow shtuff up. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Wish I could have joined you all again this year, but the sun and fun just wouldn't have waited for me. Did it rain on you all or was it all fun and games till the ride home?

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Nice pictures but did Kobe and her sidekick wheel? I didn't see either one of their rigs, If they broke and only did the ride up and back I will be very dissappointed /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Kobe and Rick participated in some minor wheeling. They made it to the Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks with us, but did not go up the Kaner trail ver far. All the rain on Sunday made that trail an absolute mess. I think we destroyed at least 3 sets of doors and numerous fenders and I now have flat bedsides with hardly any bodyline left on it. I have lots of video, and I will try to get it on computer this weekend. I just need to find a place to host it.

12. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Rick has a website, I'd ask him if the videos can go there, it'd be sweet to have them online /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I came home and told my parents that my truck is no longer for sale and that it is definately a wheelin rig from here on out. I am gonna strip the interior now and have ideas about losing the top and gutting the tail gate or taking it off completely /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

13. leadfoot067

let the cutting begin /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

we can put it up on my site just let me know when you get it converted and I will put it up and post up some links.

15. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

it looks like you all had a good time.
    I didnt realize how close that place was. looks like I will have to try and make a trip over there this year.

16. leadfoot067

we usually plan a return trip... july or august..mabye we could meet up....

17. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i wish i could go then to but with a blown engine there is no way but i am thinking i might come along and ride with someone else if there is any room. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif this time kicked ass and i would love to do it again

18. Smurfmobile85

Smurfmobile85 1/2 ton status

Glad to see everybody had fun.Let us know when the return trip is going to be and hopefully we will be able to make it.I didn't enjoy my weekend at all.Deana is a real slave driver.The blazer is really starting to look good now! Mike And I cant wait to see yours in action with all the new mods Shane /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Yeah we all missed you out there, maybe you'll be able to make the summer trip...I hope I can myself /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

It was a blast though, a lot like the trip a few years ago when I went for the first time, except this time we all pretty much broke or dented something /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Don, does your vid cam that you filmed the action w/ convert to digital vids like mpg's or something?

There have to be more pics that this floating around of the action!!!!
    It was good to see everybody on Sat night, sorry that I couldn't bring the Bitch to wheel w/ you guys!!