Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from Ocracoke

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Jul 30, 2004.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just got back from Ocracoke today. Should have taken more photos or dig movies but to busy driving on the beaches and fishing/swimning. Swapped my mud ties for street tires for the sand! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif [​IMG]

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I bet that cooler kills your approach angle /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Ocracoke is an awesome place. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Catch anything?
    -Harrison

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea the carrier racks front and rear are a pain in the arse. Next year I hope to have my K-10 cut in half and painted for use as a trailer.Gonna look for a slide in camper for the trailer/truck bed. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifNo luck fishing. The surf was 6 to 8 feet with an occasional 10 footer. Didn't see anyone else even fishing on the couple of beaches we visited. Scary swimning, rough rip currents would suddenly appear then stop. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifOn up the coast on Hatteras there was alot though. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Cool, I used to live a short ferry ride away from there (Newport, NC). Seems like almost everyone w/ a Blazer or Jeep Wagoneere had a cooler/pole rack. I went back two years ago (accually I ended up going all the way up to Hatteres) and man there was a lot of new buildings. I still miss driving on the beach. The General Grabber APs I had back then worked great, but gave about as much traction a a slice of bologna once I moved up here.

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Man, I would love to take my truck up to hatteras or ocracoke and go surf fishing. I just dont have the time. Next time you go, be sure to take tons of pics for us. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison